A battlefield2 thread

Soldato
Smithy said:
Nope, tried 3 different download locations so far. Any more suggestions welcome, so far ive seen a few people with this problem but no-one seems to have a solution. Its rendered my game completely useless.
Ive even resorted to formatting and re-installing windows, to no avail. Still get the "Patching failed" while installing the 1.3 patch.
Im at my wits end with this.

Try this

1. Double click the bf2_patch_v1.30.exe you downloaded, select you country and click Next.

2. Browse to your temp directory e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp and arrange icons by modified (note: you will need hidden folders to be visible - tools > folder options > view)

3. Open the folder with a name similar to {43604D32-1F10-4C64-A8F8-9324E19AF2C2(thats for 1.2)} and copy all the files to C:\Patch (create this folder).

4. Click Start, Run, type CMD and press enter. At the command line type cd c:\patch and press enter. Then type patch.exe "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2" - or where ever you installed it.

The command Window will then display a load of text saying it's applying changes to files etc and it will say once it's finished - close it, along with the patch installer.

Soldato
**tip**

also for those who are patching to 1.3 with a renamed bf2.exe ,
remember to change your .exe back to the original bf2.exe then patch, or you wont be able to boot the game up ..

if you have patched and its crashing to desktop, you will need to use the full 1.3 patch (400+meg) to get it working again.

if this was already pointed out ... blah blah blah

cheers

Associate
Cybermyk said:
Hmm, i cleared my temp folder before starting the the patch install, to be sure i was getting the correct folder. The folder with the name format you suggested contained this;

The folder shown there contained this;

As you can see, no patch.exe. So using the suggested method wouldn't work.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
Associate
new update on official bf2 site;

Community Update - 5/25/06

Attention Soldiers and Server Admins!

After a thorough investigation into the issues plaguing the server browser after the 1.3 Update, we believe that a last minute update in the way the Battlefield servers and Gamespy servers communicate may be the cause.

We have decided to revert this change in an attempt eliminate these browser issues. Please note that no uninstalling or re-installing is required by players or server admins. All servers currently running must be restarted once this change has taken place.

Please also note that if you are experiencing CTD issues upon start up that any alternate-ranking redirections in your windows "Hosts" file must be removed.

The reversion will occur at 2:00 PST. We are continuing to review other issues players have noted with 1.3. Further updates will be posted to this space as they become available."

Thank you,
/The team at Dice and EA

Soldato
Most annoying thing since new patch;

Commanders dropping vehicles on helicopter / vehicle respawn spots. Near instant kill. Was playing Zatar Wetlands earlier and the enemy commander was just dropping a jeep on the centre heli respawn constantly.

Caporegime
FirebarUK said:

Commanders dropping vehicles on helicopter / vehicle respawn spots. Near instant kill. Was playing Zatar Wetlands earlier and the enemy commander was just dropping a jeep on the centre heli respawn constantly.

Its a pain in the backside, they really need to sort it.

Associate
Sometimes I feel I'm the only person who has never had a problem with BF2. I've never had any problems installing or patching it, and have never seen most of the bugs people talk about.

I've not even experienced people playing like fool's, cause I stick to a few servers I know are good.

Soldato
FirebarUK said:

Hmmm sounds like a good idea must try it next time im commander or even trying to take out planes with them, what a *** idea :p ;)

Soldato
Hi guys,

quick question anyone experiencing crashing to desktop on load after patching ive googled around some people are getting it, cant play nothing like this, ive tried a fresh install but it still wont work. :(

Associate
Exentia said:
Hi guys,

quick question anyone experiencing crashing to desktop on load after patching ive googled around some people are getting it, cant play nothing like this, ive tried a fresh install but it still wont work. :(

yup, you aint alone mate, since installing the patch the first time i couldnt use the frikkin game. i had to uninstall completely then i used the full 1.3 patch instead of the incremental

Soldato
fullfat said:
yup, you aint alone mate, since installing the patch the first time i couldnt use the frikkin game. i had to uninstall completely then i used the full 1.3 patch instead of the incremental

Just did another fresh install and it worked???? WTF :confused:

oh and using the full patch from vanilla straight to 1.3

Anyway on with the fight! :D

Soldato
Why oh why did they have to mess with the squad system...being able to 'rotate' amongst your squad gave the game another tactic..removing it has spoiled it quite a lot.

Still like it..but they should concentrate on sorting out BUGS not messing with game mechanics! :(

Associate
Exentia said:
Hi guys,

The only time i get a CTD is occasionally after i double click a server in the browser, or when a map is done loading and i click "Join Now" or whatever it is... thats damn annoying.

Plus a couple of times a day i get that message that says there's trouble with my connection, which is complete and utter crap. Sometimes it sorts itself out, other times it disconnects me from the server.

Back
Top Bottom