A battlefield2 thread

Caporegime
neverender said:
Big Ol' Gamespot Preview. Dunno if anyone's already seen it, but tis another interesting BF2 read.
Some comments on Specs in there too (page 3), as well as similarities to 1942.
Worth a gander anyway.

We noticed that the infantry weapons aren't quite as powerful as the preview trailers made them seem to be. If you're coming straight from Battlefield 1942, then you're definitely going to notice a distinctly smaller amount of recoil on the weapons, to the point where many of them seem to have almost no recoil at all. Even if you can aim incredibly well, the spread is still going to make it difficult to hit enemies at medium range. Firing off small bursts will definitely improve your aim, but even then, you don't want to just fire away at a distant enemy, since there are very few ammo boxes.

The recoil thing sounds kinda stupid if you ask me, guns don't seem to visibly recoil but instead have a large bullet spread. That'll be kinda hard to adjust to if you're used to looking at the gun for a visual indication of recoil. Seems to me that some battle are gonna be a hold down the trigger and hope for the best routine. I don;t understand why they didn't use the system from bfv, in that the weapons had recoil but hit where you aimed, this new system sounds retarded.

Last edited:
Associate
Most of the 5.56 weapons i have fired in real life (same bore as the m16) dont have a stupid amount of recoil and when on auto - short bursts will be increase accuracy but there will be a spread!

Caporegime
Ali-Longden said:
Most of the 5.56 weapons i have fired in real life (same bore as the m16) dont have a stupid amount of recoil and when on auto - short bursts will be increase accuracy but there will be a spread!

Since when has the battlefield series been about realism? Its always been a game thats about arcade action with the only realistic thing being the weapons\vehicles exist in real life.

Soldato
sounds like its more CS stylee....no visual gun movement but you get the crosshair spread, i dont think it will be a big deal tbh, people will learn to live with it, or not play the game, and over something so trivial would seem kinda moronic

Soldato
OP
well all i can say is im just very excited about this game and cant wait to play it. Ive already begun making a clan for it so far only got 2 members and made 2 webpages on it.

Caporegime
elite said:
ill be buying 2gb of ram for this game..just hope i get it b4 friday if i order to day... im a top pilot of bf1942 1st on the USA air ladder...this game is going to be off the huck

I'm not having a pop, just curious: but how can you be top of a USA ladder or does the high ping work in your favour?

Soldato
Múffin said:
So the weapons will be similar to the SMG in HL2DM?

calm down Muffin....you know he wasnt saying that, your sarcastic response was not necessary, youve seen how the guns fire from vids, frankly i think they are fine..moving on

new vid...60 minutes

Get it here 1: http://www.home-of-fraggin.de/files/BF2-Warsaw.mpg (right-click save as)
Get it here 2: http://www.cm.umk.pl/~michalo/BF2-Warsaw.mpg (right-click save as)
Get it here 3: http://www.downloads.jolt.co.uk/getdownload.php?id=5401

Caporegime
gord said:
calm down Muffin....you know he wasnt saying that, your sarcastic response was not necessary, youve seen how the guns fire from vids, frankly i think they are fine..moving on

I was not being sarcastic, what I have noticed that the guns do, now that I think about appear to be similar to Half Life 2 Deathmatch with next to no recoil and a large spread radius.

Back
Top Bottom