a couple of excel questions

Soldato
At work we keep a monthly sheet running. Part of this is to keep a tally of cash in the safe (Amount in 50's 20's 10's ect). When adding or taking cash to this, often enough it's just use a calculator or work it out in your head and replace the old value with the new value.

What i want to do is to be able to add 2 cells to the left of the amount (for each item) One being a plus amount and one being a minus amount. But when an amount is entered it gets added, then disappears. (not really well explained so i'll try again, cell b5 has the amount of £20 we have eg £300, i want to be able to have c5 to add an amount and d5 to subtract. But when you enter the value b5 changes, and c5 and d5 return to blank)

The other question is, how do you get excel to move to a different cell when enter is pressed rather than the one below it?

Thanks in advance

Lego

Soldato
can you try and explain that again?? i think i just about understand what you are saying.....but not completely sure :confused:

if its a table that you are using - it might be easier if you explain in terms of COLUMNS rather than CELLS, as its likely the format will be the same for cells in any column (normally).

Soldato
Quick and dirty but I think this is what you mean.

Excel

If you want to change which cells it uses than you'll need to go into the VB editor and edit the macro to use the correct cells.

Back
Top Bottom