A darn bat in my room...

Associate
Jesus wept, never moved so damn fast. Just sat here minding my own business and see what I think is a moth out of hte corner of my eye flying around, take a second look and it's a bloody bat! About 8inches across flying around in circles.

I've never moved so fast in my life, bolting out of the room and slamming the door so loud behind me it wakes the whole family.

Fortunately it's just left of it's own accord out of the open window...I hope :eek:

Just be sure to clean up anywhere that it's peed on. Bat urine is one of the main spreaders of AIDS.

TJM

TJM

Associate
I'd check the room top to bottom. Bats can carry rabies and it may nip you during the night.

Man of Honour
We’ve had this, it got so tired of flying around I managed to grab it and take it outside. I’ve even been bitten by one and lived to tell the tale. Harmless creatures.

Associate
We've had a couple of them brought in by our cats. Both completely fine and flying around in circles... in my experience they don't just fly out of the door/window - I left the backdoor wide open for one and it just kept sensing the wall and avoiding it.

One of them hid itself by hanging on the back of one of my old cuddlies... it's probably still in your room!!!

Back
Top Bottom