a few problems...

Associate
hi, i put my new system together yesterday only to find that the motherboard was dead - it kept turning on and off and nothing apearing on the monitor at all, so i am sending that back and getting a refund.

i then brought a new mobo (Asus P5B Deluxe) how ever i am still having problems, when i turn the computer on it stays on (everything runs, such as the gfx car, psu/cpu fans, the front leds etc) however i get no picture on the screen. i have changed the graphics cards so its not that, and have tried using one stick of RAM, and no RAM at all.

so, what could it be? - i was thinking the CPU? but i would have thought that something would have been displayed on the monitor?

was hopping to sort this out soon as im moving down to plymouth friday night... =[

spec:

- Intel E6600
- GeForce 7950 GX2 1024MB
- 2 x GeIL 1GB PC6400 800MHz DDR2
- 2 x Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB SATA-II 16MB Cache
- Antec P180
- Enermax Liberty 500W
- Zalman Aero Flower

//nebs
_______

Man of Honour
are you sure it's not as something as simple as a dodgy video cable or the monitor itself? Try the system on a seperate monitor if you can get your hands on one.

Make sure all your connections inside are secure.

Can you get into windows using safe mode?

Try also running memtest86+, just to eliminate the memory from the equation. :)

Permabanned
Sounds like your memory,the on/off cycle is the mobo trying to boot the system.

The mobo might not be able to boot the ram because it isn't supplying it with enough power.The only solution is to install some regular DDR2 mem (1.8v) and up the mem voltage in the bios and power off and install your 6400 mem,hopefully it should boot.Or there may be a newer bios available that supports your Geil ram,either way you may need to borrow or buy some regular mem just to be able to boot the mobo.

Rab

Rab

Associate
check all connections, start with m/b, v card, 1 stick off memory, plug in psu & c what happens,(should also try this out of case). if this works, enter bios, load optimized defualts.

u getting any lights on mobo?
that psu, would check u manual for u g card,(99%) sure they recomend 550watss min) it could b consuming to much from that psu. This sound the problem tbh, u psu

Back
Top Bottom