A few questions for Spirit drinkers and Barstaff

Soldato
1. Both.
2. For singles and doubles, its fine, as most places also have more than one bottle up, so you can quickly switch between. A bigger measure for pitchers etc would be good though.
2. See above.

Soldato
1) Previous bar staff, current customer
2) They take a while, but the optics tend to be much faster than the metal self pour measures. They're only an annoyance to me either way when I'm working as staff and the pub is busy.
3) If there was an easier or faster way, yes of course.

Associate
I think one of the main reasons optics are slow is to show the customer that the entire shot has been poured. The OP suggests barmen serving doubles might want a faster way to pour doubles. If that's the case there's no shortage of containers that could be used as measures as an alternative to optics. But I wouldn't fancy having an argument with a customer drinking double whiskeys about whether the measure was filled to the top or not.

Soldato
DaveyD said:
[*](Q1) :: Are you answering as a customer or a barman?

[*](Q2) :: Are you at all bothered having to wait the few seconds it takes for the optic/dispenser to fill up after a shot has been put in the glass?
(That's valuable drinking time lost :))

[*](Q3) :: Thefore would you be happy to see that time greatly reduced, thus giving you more chance to serve more customers / get more drinks quicker?[/list]

1. Barstaff
2. No, I'd use another optic or pour into a steel measure.
3. No.

But.....if you can invent a way of putting multiple bottles on the same optic that might be handy. I hate replacing them when empty. ;)

Soldato
* (Q1) :: Are you answering as a customer or a barman?
I'm a customer. A big, alchofrolic customer.
* (Q2) :: Are you at all bothered having to wait the few seconds it takes for the optic/dispenser to fill up after a shot has been put in the glass?
Quite frankly it's very annoying when theres one bottle of a particular spirit, and someone has made a big order, if I'm ordering drinks, I want them now.
* (Q3) :: Thefore would you be happy to see that time greatly reduced, thus giving you more chance to serve more customers / get more drinks quicker?
Hell freakin yes. The more I think about it, it actually really gets to me.

Ant :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom