A few questions... soundcards.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Hey, basically I'm looking at investing into a soundcard now. The two cards I'm looking at are:

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS Edition - Retail (SC-032-CL)
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro - Retail (SC-031-CL)

This is mainly due to their controllers and combined spec'.

The first question is: Regarding the Fatal1ty FPS I/O device, the front is black. I currently have a Lian-Li PC-007 case with brushed aluminium in silver and a black I/O would clash horribley. Is it possible to get the I/O in silver or would I be looking at modding a spare bezel?

Secondly, regarding the Elite Pro controller. Would I be able to plug my guitar in via an amp lead? Also, is the possible with either of the controllers?

If I can't plug my guitar in, I won't be interested in either of these cards because I'll have no real need for the controllers/adapters. So which sound card would you recommend me? I use my computer for gaming, music and DVDs.

Cheers.

Associate
Any of the real time dolby cards should be good for music and dvd side of things..
I have a X-Mystique connected to an AMP and some Yamaha speakers. You could also try any of these makes as well, M-Audio & Turtle Beach.
As far as games go I have no problems with sound quality with the setup I have, although creative generally are better for game support and EAX.
It really depends on what you want more :)

One of the above real time dolby cards might be better for your guitar as well, although Im not sure how you would go about plugging it in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom