A game like Vermintide 2 but with good singleplayer

Associate
So, does anyone know any games similar to Vermintide 2 but with a better singleplayer?

To be more specific, the parts of Vermintide 2 I enjoy are the equipment and skills and classes and stuff, and then getting to use them to kill enemies. I like the pretty simple story, like, don't get me wrong, RPG's can be fun, but sometimes social interaction, exploration, stealth, get dull, and you just want to fight stuff.

I mind less if the game is less similar in graphics, or lore, or waves of enemies vs single enemies and stuff, but I just want a game that has an actually good single player?

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Associate
Sound like maybe XCOM-enemy within or xcom2- war of the chosen may be what your looking for.
Turn based, squads, combat, missions, research, classes, weapons.
xcom2 also supports Mods so you can alter it as much as you want to.

Soldato
You probably want one of the zombie games that have come out lately. Dead by Day light and the like. even Dead Island might appeal to you.

Associate
OP
Borderlands 2 is great, but I've played it. Strange brigade looks good, how much variety is there between it's characters though?

Diablo 3 is a good shout, might give that a go. XCOM is a bit more strategy and turn based than I want out of this experience, but it's a good game.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely keep some in mind.

Soldato
Diablo 3 is a good shout, might give that a go.

Can I suggest Path of Exile over Diablo 3, it is a much better game by a country mile, and free too so nothing to lose if you don't like it. You are online, but you don't ever have to interact with anyone and only see people in towns anyway. There is even a solo self found mode which adds to solo play.

Back
Top Bottom