A game that truly inspired you?

Associate
I'm terrible at this. I'm sure I'll remember more as the results roll in. Hopefully something more modern.

Deus Ex
Giants Citizen Kabuto
Mafia
The Last Ninja series

Soldato
Half Life 2 made me realise just how far video games have come when that came out.

Both in terms of visual effects and gameplay, it was fantastic.

A game never has quite gripped me like Final Fantasy VII before either.

Most recently is Warhammer Online. My first ever major MMO, I've dabbled with WOW and a few others but never got really hooked as I joined too late.

Been here since day one with WAR, love helping out guys that are new... there's a great sense of "nobody knows everything yet" so your never affraid to ask a question because you know who ever answers it will ask you one in 10 minutes :p

And I've been put in charge of the largest guild on the server (if not all of them) because of my leadership and skills :D

Associate
Thief - The Dark Project.

At the time I also didn't know quicksaves were possible within missions, but this was a good thing - bumped up the adrenaline and atmosphere 10x when under threat!

Few games have so tightly integrated audio/visuals into the gameplay, and it had to be played with the volume cranked and all lights off :D

Soldato
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
Deus Ex
Gothic 2

I could talk all day about Deus Ex in my eyes it's pinnacle of gaming excellence. I hear Fallout 1 and 2 are amazing games to. I'll have to keep my eyes open for them. Dues Ex would work great with achievements I think. Like completing a level without anyone dying by anyone's hand. Completing a level without saving. These are all things I do while playing Deus Ex.

Soldato
The legacy of kain series showed to me the potential games had for portraying truly epic story lines, i was utterly distraught when i found out they wouldn't be making the finale. The voice acting is to this day the best i have ever heard in a game.

Final Fantasy X also had one of the best stories and characters i have ever experienced. It had its flaws but the storyline was just head and shoulders above the majority of games.

Silent Hill is another game that showed it was possible to do some things better in games than you ever could in other forms of media, it is to this day the scariest thing i have ever experienced.

Soldato
EVE-online was probably the most inspiring for me, when I got accepted into the Beta and logged in for the first time I was gobsmacked :)

Half life for obvious reasons.

And belive it or not Neocron is up there, loved that game. don't know what the current state of it is, but I'm waiting with baited nbreath for Earthrise.

Back
Top Bottom