A game that truly inspired you?

Associate
EVE-online was probably the most inspiring for me, when I got accepted into the Beta and logged in for the first time I was gobsmacked :)

I remember an article in a magazine I'd bought at the airport just before I went on holiday, it was a story of betrayal and the downfall of an entire corporation and the assassination of its leader. That article was the most amazing thing I have ever read about any computer game ever. It made me get the game, although I could never get into it.

Man of Honour
Quakeworld is probably the only game I could say that inspired me, in that it made me do a lot of stuff beyond simply playing it, like writing articles, adminning leagues, doing live commentaries on big european games, travelling to a LAN in Sweden etc

Associate
Metal Gear Solid 2. Max Payne to a lesser degree. If we're talking about games that you walk away from, unable to stop thinking about the messages they gave to me.

Soldato
Final Fantasy VII

For a different reason to most people - the ShinRa Corporation is honestly the best thing ever. They got them perfectly right.

All the spinoff's have been dire, they lack what made FFVII good, it's too hard to explain. Same characters, same locations, same art style, but they are terrible.

Soldato
Elite on the spectrum blew me away for the game play also seeing doom run so well on a 386 / 486.
And worth a mention is ridge racer on the ps1 just because of all the math on the screen running so smooth from a console.

Soldato
wow - Inspired me to get a life.

MOHAA - Mainly the beach landing, made you wonder how people did this for real.

COD - Hearing the MG42 for the first time and being pinned down. ****ing hell!

Back
Top Bottom