• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

A Good Sub £200 AGP Card

Associate
Hi guys,

Just bought the AMD Athlon 64 3200 Retail / Abit UL8 / 512MB GeIL PC3200 CAS2.5 Dual Channel Kit - Bundle..nothing too fancy. Im going to throw another 512 into it soon.

Anyway, after installing it, I found out that my old Radion 9700 pro card is dying :( So I need a new AGP card at really no more than £200. Im either going to go for the 6800 GS or X800 XL. I think im swaying towards the XL. Whats you opinion on this? Am I going for the right AGP card or are there other options to consider?

Thanks

Jonny

Soldato
The AGP 6800GS was a bit of a let down really, it does not compare to the PCI-e GS at all as it hasn't got the clock speeds...
I'd definately say the X800Xl would be the way to go, however, look around for any second hand AGP 6800GT's or Ultras if you'd rather go Nvidia.

The HIS XL looks prety nice to me, much better cooler! It really would be a much better choice than the GS!

Soldato
there is a powercolor x850xt on pre-order at ocuk for 200 notes. i have no idea how long it's been there for or how long until they come in but that's i would get. :)

Associate
I was in same boat as you last year, had a 9700Pro, was split between 6800GT and X800XT-PE, I went with ATI and big noticeable leap in performance from 9700

Your better off checking some reviews / shootouts between the 2 cards in the games you play, I'd get the X800XL and o/c it a bit but thats just me

Back
Top Bottom