A HERO from ZERO

Capodecina
Soldato
I have just been reading a write-up on Lewis Hamilton on the BBC Online site.

Whilst the Motorsport sub-forum might seem the appropriate place for this thread I feel that there should be valuable lessons for everyone in it - Lewis Hamilton's commitment, dedication to the task in hand, honesty and modesty characterise him as a role model for the times.

Read the webpage and feel free to comment :)

Soldato
Pointless question. We have tax, he lives abroad where he also does most of his work and spends most of his leisure time. But go on, keep on getting angry over the internet by inventing hypothetical scenarios.

Man of Honour
Funny how no-one brings up Jenson Button, Eddie Irvine, David Coulthard, Paul di Resta, Max Mosley, Jason Plato, Paula Radcliffe, Shirley Bassey, Ringo Starr, Chris Froome and so on.. who all left the UK to live in Monaco.

Let's not forget Philip Green.

It's always just Lewis Hamilton who is a tax dodger... :rolleyes:

Soldato
Funny how no-one brings up Jenson Button, Eddie Irvine, David Coulthard, Paul di Resta, Max Mosley, Jason Plato, Paula Radcliffe, Shirley Bassey, Ringo Starr, Chris Froome and so on.. who all left the UK to live in Monaco.

Let's not forget Philip Green.

It's always just Lewis Hamilton who is a tax dodger... :rolleyes:
Indeed.
People just love to **** Lewis off for whatever reason, any reason, big or small.
One of the greatest drivers of all time, came from an average background, has achieved incredible things. He dodged tax, big deal, so would I, why stay in this country with it's miserable weather and miserable negative people?
Good for him I say.

Caporegime
I see where you’re coming from, but the fact is, if we had no tax, would he have moved abroad?

I would almost guarantee that the vast majority of people if earning the sort of money Lewis is, and had the chance and opportunity to live anywhere they wished to in the world, would very quickly move abroad and away from this country.

I very much doubt tax had any influence whatsoever in his choice to move abroad.

Soldato
Don't you also get a lot of hot women in bikinis for a lot of the year there, though? :D

I very much doubt tax had any influence whatsoever in his choice to move abroad.
Well.... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/7088652.stm

Back
Top Bottom