A-Level woes.

Soldato
I've got an A-Level Bio exam tomorrow morning which I need to get 80% otherwise I won't get to uni. I'm seriously panicking, what more can I do/learn? I think I might stay up all night cramming.

Man of Honour
best to get some sleep even if you stay up all night revising its no good if your half asleep while doing it, ive got the same exams in the morning good luck mate

Soldato
Probably a bad idea you'll be out of it tomorrow. Just calm down and take it easy. Dont force it. If I was you i'd scan over your notes focusing on the main parts before you go to bed and do the same tomorrow. Worrying will just stress you which will mean you will under perform.

Good Luck! :)

+44

Man of Honour
I'd personally go to bed and get a reasonably good nights sleep, dwelling on what I know, and start again in the morning. I guess if you do know most of it, a read through the notes in the morning will jog your memory, but if stuff is new to you still as you're revising now, you may struggle a little, and a cramming session tonight may have to be an option.

You can't be doing that bad if you have time to browse the forums though.

Soldato
OP
I think I know most of the stuff, I'm a little bit iffy on the Biochem of photosynthesis and the Phytocrome stuff so I'll go through that now.

Edit - And a little bit iffy on other bits too :( An all nighter may have to be the way.

Permabanned
Why the hell did you leave revision for what sounds like such a vital exam to the last minute? :confused:

Stopping up all night will get you nowhere, you'll be shattered for your exam and you'll make silly mistakes all over the place.

Get off your PC, go to bed now and wake up early. Put in an hour or so of the areas you feel weak in, and then go to the exam.

Obviously in future leave more time to prepare.

Soldato
OP
iCraig said:
Why the hell did you leave revision for what sounds like such a vital exam to the last minute? :confused:

Stopping up all night will get you nowhere, you'll be shattered for your exam and you'll make silly mistakes all over the place.

Get off your PC, go to bed now and wake up early. Put in an hour or so of the areas you feel weak in, and then go to the exam.

Obviously in future leave more time to prepare.

I've been working fairly consistently for these exams, it's just that I need such a high mark that I am worrying. Right then, I'll go to bed at 12 and get up at 6, that should leave time for the weaker areas.

Soldato
Mulder said:
I think I know most of the stuff, I'm a little bit iffy on the Biochem of photosynthesis and the Phytocrome stuff so I'll go through that now.

Edit - And a little bit iffy on other bits too :( An all nighter may have to be the way.
Good idea. They always ask about photosynthesis, and it's easy marks if you can remember it :) If you ever do it at degree level you'll realise what a load of rubbish they teach you at A-level though :D

What you wanting to study at Uni?

Personally, I'd go to bed and get up insanely early. I always find that cramming first thing for an exam is much better than cramming late night and then getting up late and rushing around for the exam. Get to bed, and try not to stress!! :)

Oh, and good luck :)

Soldato
OP
Lostkat said:
Good idea. They always ask about photosynthesis, and it's easy marks if you can remember it :) If you ever do it at degree level you'll realise what a load of rubbish they teach you at A-level though :D

What you wanting to study at Uni?

Personally, I'd go to bed and get up insanely early. I always find that cramming first thing for an exam is much better than cramming late night and then getting up late and rushing around for the exam. Get to bed, and try not to stress!! :)

Oh, and good luck :)

I've got a place at Durham to do Economics, but need AAB. Damn school practically forced me to do Bio, Grrrrrrrrrr.

Thanks for the advice. :)

Back
Top Bottom