1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A-Level woes.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mulder, 19 Jun 2006.

1. Mulder

Mobster

I've got an A-Level Bio exam tomorrow morning which I need to get 80% otherwise I won't get to uni. I'm seriously panicking, what more can I do/learn? I think I might stay up all night cramming.

2. RandomTom

Sgarrista

get off ocuk and learn.

3. Will Gill

Don

I placed my text books under my pillow, I got a D in the mock did not revision and got an A in the real thing, try it you havent got anything to lose :)

4. tom_e

Man of Honour

best to get some sleep even if you stay up all night revising its no good if your half asleep while doing it, ive got the same exams in the morning good luck mate

5. MR_Punk

Sgarrista

Probably a bad idea you'll be out of it tomorrow. Just calm down and take it easy. Dont force it. If I was you i'd scan over your notes focusing on the main parts before you go to bed and do the same tomorrow. Worrying will just stress you which will mean you will under perform.

Good Luck! :)

+44

6. DaveyD

Man of Honour

I'd personally go to bed and get a reasonably good nights sleep, dwelling on what I know, and start again in the morning. I guess if you do know most of it, a read through the notes in the morning will jog your memory, but if stuff is new to you still as you're revising now, you may struggle a little, and a cramming session tonight may have to be an option.

You can't be doing that bad if you have time to browse the forums though.

7. Mulder

Mobster

I think I know most of the stuff, I'm a little bit iffy on the Biochem of photosynthesis and the Phytocrome stuff so I'll go through that now.

Edit - And a little bit iffy on other bits too :( An all nighter may have to be the way.

8. ballistic

PermaBanned

In your position I would do an all nighter, especially if it's a morning exam. Not the best advice i know

9. iCraig

PermaBanned

Why the hell did you leave revision for what sounds like such a vital exam to the last minute? :confused:

Stopping up all night will get you nowhere, you'll be shattered for your exam and you'll make silly mistakes all over the place.

Get off your PC, go to bed now and wake up early. Put in an hour or so of the areas you feel weak in, and then go to the exam.

Obviously in future leave more time to prepare.

10. "andy"

Capodecina

a good nights sleep will be more help than a night of cramming imo

11. loopstah

Mobster

Falling asleep in the examination wont help you get a good grade. A good sleep will help you alot more than forcing yourself.

12. PureAppleJuice

Wise Guy

Good nights sleep is the best solution, really it is. Cramming will just make it worse imo.

13. iCraig

PermaBanned

He needs both, but sleep must come first.

14. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Get as much revision now and then get a good night sleep. You'll be suprise how much you remember.

15. Mulder

Mobster

I've been working fairly consistently for these exams, it's just that I need such a high mark that I am worrying. Right then, I'll go to bed at 12 and get up at 6, that should leave time for the weaker areas.

16. Rich1988

Soldato

MY best advice, go to bed now and get up early get a good breakfast and you will be ready to learn.

17. decmatt

Mobster

I would personally turn off ure comp, so ure not distracted by looking at anything on the internet like, ill go check my email, ill see if anyone has posted in this thread etc...

18. Lostkat

Sgarrista

Good idea. They always ask about photosynthesis, and it's easy marks if you can remember it :) If you ever do it at degree level you'll realise what a load of rubbish they teach you at A-level though :D

What you wanting to study at Uni?

Personally, I'd go to bed and get up insanely early. I always find that cramming first thing for an exam is much better than cramming late night and then getting up late and rushing around for the exam. Get to bed, and try not to stress!! :)

Oh, and good luck :)

19. PureAppleJuice

Wise Guy

Or read your notes aloud, record it then listen to it in your sleep :p My friend did that for his French oral exam, it worked, suprisingly :s.

20. Mulder

Mobster

I've got a place at Durham to do Economics, but need AAB. Damn school practically forced me to do Bio, Grrrrrrrrrr.

Thanks for the advice. :)