A little help with an SQL Query [Webcalendar]

Associate
Ok I dunno if anyone can help with this but im using webcalendar and its search function while ok only searches the entries table and doesnt search for anything in the extra fields which have been added in the table webcal_site_extras. The field in there that needs searching aswell is cal_data.

This is currently what the search query does when searching for "test", the stuff with the user table is just to do with who can access the events, im not too bothered about those.

Code:
SELECT webcal_entry.cal_id, webcal_entry.cal_name, webcal_entry.cal_date FROM webcal_entry, webcal_entry_user 
WHERE webcal_entry.cal_id = webcal_entry_user.cal_id 
AND webcal_entry_user.cal_status in ('A','W') 
AND webcal_entry_user.cal_login IN ( 'chris') 
AND ( webcal_entry_user.cal_login = 'chris' OR ( webcal_entry_user.cal_login != 'chris' 
AND webcal_entry.cal_access = 'P' ) ) 
AND ( UPPER(webcal_entry.cal_name) LIKE UPPER('%test%') 
OR UPPER(webcal_entry.cal_description) 
LIKE UPPER('%test%') ) ORDER BY cal_date

My attempt at rewriting it was:

Code:
SELECT webcal_entry.cal_id, webcal_entry.cal_name, webcal_entry.cal_date, [COLOR=YellowGreen]webcal_entry_site_extras.cal_data[/COLOR] 
FROM webcal_entry, webcal_entry_user, [COLOR=YellowGreen]webcal_site_extras[/COLOR] 
WHERE webcal_entry.cal_id = webcal_entry_user.cal_id 
AND webcal_entry_user.cal_status in ('A','W') 
AND webcal_entry_user.cal_login IN ( 'chris') 
AND ( webcal_entry_user.cal_login = 'chris' OR ( webcal_entry_user.cal_login != 'chris' AND webcal_entry.cal_access = 'P' ) ) 
AND ( UPPER(webcal_entry.cal_name) LIKE UPPER('%test%') 
OR UPPER(webcal_entry.cal_description) LIKE UPPER('%test%') )
ORDER BY cal_date

That just permanantly lags the server though and doesnt do what its meant to, probably to do with the where clause. Site extras primary key is the ID of the calendar entry btw. If anyone has used webcalendar before or has an idea how I can get it to search the additional field in the site_extras table please let me know :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom