A new steering wheel - oooh yes please..

Man of Honour
OP
William said:
An Impreza? :p

Go wash your mouth out.... :D

I went...classic Italian...

james.miller said:
my 306 cost less than that wheel. whatever way you cut it, £900 is insain for a stearing wheel.

This wheel should last longer than a 306. ;)

It's not the most expensive one they do either - the next one up is designed for professional simulators and costs, well... lots...

Plus I could have spend 45K easily though - on the Lotus 49 replica.. *It's on my christmas list - and has been for 3 years*

Simon/~Flibster

Soldato
Flibster said:
VBeen there
Done That
Crashed it
Hurt me

Upgraded to a slightly bigger and hugely more expensive toy. :D

Yup.

What you feel through the wheel in a proper car is only part of the full experience

You feel what the car is going through your own movement in the car, g-forces acting on you, what you feel through your backside, through your fingertips on the wheel, through your feet on the pedals...

If I felt what you get on force feedback through a real car I'd be seriously worried...something would be extremely wrong with the car.

Simon/~Flibster

yes but at this moment in time for the average user it is the best they will get, not everyone can afford a hydrolic seat which mimmics the cars movement.

this £900 wheel that you have bought i am assuming has force feedback? for £900 i should think it would give you a blowjob as well

Soldato
They've finally released it then, been waiting for this for well over a year now.
It costs a bit more than I was expecting but I need to replace my aging GP500 steering and pedal controls which is some 9 years old.

No mention of the release info on their other sites though
http://www.interactiveracing.com/
http://www.brdsim.com/

:: EDIT ::

Found the pre-order form \o/

Last edited:
Associate
The best Formula 1 sim is a Two stroke racing kart, youll get one for a grand.
20,000 RPM vibrating through your body shouldnt be missed by anyone into racing, theres a good reason why the top F1 drivers use them to keep fit and sharp off season, PC race sims are like playing a Gameboy in comparison, with my point being even £100 for a wheel is too expensive.

Man of Honour
OP
SoliD said:
haha sod fiat, lancia baby! damn you flibster any news on it? i miss your motors posts!

You're the only one tbh...

The Stratos is coming together slowly - monocoque has been stripped and crack tested - as have the 2 spaceframes.

Little bit of work on the rear one to do but other than that it looks good. Should start the bolting together again this summer.

SC04 said:
The best Formula 1 sim is a Two stroke racing kart, youll get one for a grand.
20,000 RPM vibrating through your body shouldnt be missed by anyone into racing, theres a good reason why the top F1 drivers use them to keep fit and sharp off season, PC race sims are like playing a Gameboy in comparison, with my point being even £100 for a wheel is too expensive.

Karting??
Only reason a lot of drivers do karting is that they own their own kart tracks.
It doesn't keep you fit - they spend hours working out for that.

Plus - going karting won't teach me the Monaco layout or Spa short circuit - which is what I want it for.

Anyway - just sold my old wheel and pedals on a forum - worked out that it's in reality almost 10 years old... :eek: - still got £350 for them. :D

Can't wait now....may have to go and bug my mate for a trackday on one of his cars....

Simon/~Flibster

Associate
Flibster said:
Karting??
Only reason a lot of drivers do karting is that they own their own kart tracks.
It doesn't keep you fit - they spend hours working out for that.

No, another reason is because two stroke karts have similar behaviour to high powered single seaters, with the sticky tyres they pull enough Gs to break a rib and require more concentration than you can train for. I take it you mean it doesnt keep them fit? Most here would consider it quite work out.
Damon Hill and Colin Mcrae both tested the 250 class to work on their techniques in their day. And Im pretty sure Johnny Herbert was back in a Kart for rehab.
Trulli and Schumacher have both been quoted in the past as saying it keeps them sharp. Schumachers kart track in Kerpen is for lawn mower engined rental karts which are quite a bit different to the 20,000 RPM light weight screamers. In his younger days he still took part in karting events, including the Monaco Kart GP.

Back
Top Bottom