A political party with mainstream political views, but against ALL forms of religion!

Bar

Bar

Soldato
Depends if you view religion as a set of guidelines or a prescribed method of living your life.

I view it as guidelines.

Soldato
Bar said:
Depends if you view religion as a set of guidelines or a prescribed method of living your life.

I view it as guidelines.
But surely those guidelines can be taught without the notion of god, the afterlife, etc?

Caporegime
Carlos_S said:
For example the bible, if people are going to worship a religion shouldn't they abide by all of it's views? e.g. killing people who work on Sundays and killing homosexuals?

We are under the new covenant now, since Jesus died and rose again, so the whole killing thing isn't really necessary any more.

It's a bit more complex than that, but this is GD, not SC, besides which I'm tired.

Bar

Bar

Soldato
Homosapien = cause of all evil.

We invented the concept of good and evil - so the animal kingdom does not count.

Last edited:

Bar

Bar

Soldato
This is always been my view - Religion and politics are responsible for the state of the whole wide world today. Period.

How could it be anything else?

Man invented both concepts and powerful figures in both worlds have used them to manipulate the masses to serve their own needs.

Soldato
Bar said:
How could it be anything else?

Man invented both concepts and powerful figures in both worlds have used them to manipulate the masses to serve their own needs.

What im trying to say is perhaps getting rid of both and replace it with something else - a new idea maybe, might help make the world a better place?

Caporegime
Maniac618 said:
So, you want to eliminate Religion.. by creating a party (that will of course require the faith of the people,) and opposes all other faiths, with presumably tough rules and laws to prevent people from practicing religious activities..

Hang on, are we discussing a new political party, or the extremists version of Islam?

Bar

Bar

Soldato
What im trying to say is perhaps getting rid of both and replace it with something else - a new idea maybe, might help make the world a better place?

A nice idea but it will never happen.

It is in our nature to destroy ourselves.

Associate
Although I sympathise with the OP (+1 vote) I agree with Rich L's post.
EDIT:
Rich L said:
I think you would get further with a party that simply argued for total secularism in government, rather than being against religion full stop.
/EDIT

Religion (the main ones at least) is a moral crutch and a means of controlling the masses, it is not needed today but I accept religion WAS needed from a sociallogical point of view.

/sarcasm
Please don't ban the Flying Spaghetti monster!
/sarcasm

Last edited:
Associate
Dj_Jestar said:
So, you want to eliminate Religion.. by creating a party (that will of course require the faith of the people,) and opposes all other faiths, with presumably tough rules and laws to prevent people from practicing religious activities..

Hang on, are we discussing a new political party, or the extremists version of Islam?
Nice arguement but please define what you mean (sound like CBS :p :D ) faith in the people?

I doubt the OP wants any radical or tough views, maybe closing faith schools that teach the bible in science classes (Reg Vardy anyone?), protecting children from indoctranation. Imagine if all the churches/mosques etc.. were demolished and replaced by trees this could save humanity! :)

Bar

Bar

Soldato
When will people realise that religion is not inherently bad.

It is mans desires and willingness to twist religion to serve his purpose that is bad.

If it was not religion it would be something else.

Associate
Bar said:
When will people realise that religion is not inherently bad.

It is mans desires and willingness to twist religion to serve his purpose that is bad.

If it was not religion it would be something else.

So let it be something else and then we can condone the specifics and understand the specifics. But people say it in the name of religion, maybe if religion didn't say go and kill (such as genesis) then there would be no reason? Or put it another way it would be reduced and that is a good thing.

Religion is not inherently bad? What about the muslim and christian views of killing non/other religious people? What about the lack of thinking of reality around us. George Bush said (and Tony as well!): "God spoke to me one night and said go invade Iraq." Are you saying he didn't speak to god (if not then why do you not believe him? Because you (may) believe that god said something 2000 years ago and beleive that whole heartedly)? Or he did and twisted god's meaning? Should we live a doctrine made 2000 years ago (christian view that is.), does this still apply today?

Bar

Bar

Soldato
Should we live a doctrine made 2000 years ago (christian view that is.), does this still apply today?

Ask me if we should apply ethical and moral guidelines through common sense and I will say yes.

Religion to me is a framework of guidelines that should be applied with common sense in mind. That is fit for purpose no matter how old it is.

Last edited:
Associate
I havn't read all of this thread, but my opinion is that you will NEVER manage to eradicate religion. You may ban the organised side, the charitys the mass meeting places but you will never remove the faith from a person. It has been tried in China, Russia etc and all it did was drive what could be seen underground, where it is very difficult to monitor...

My view on religion is that just as long as ones faith doesn't impinge on another person faith or way or quality of life then that's fine with me...

Back
Top Bottom