A return to form: Say hello to Banana MK2, the Italian Prancing Horse (Ferrari 458 Italia)

Soldato
Tbf, buying a car like this, and thinking the service plan is the best bit highlights the pitfalls of such desires. Bemoaning the £15k sports exhaust will still like small fry even the minimum £1k services every 1k miles kick in.

You could always go PowerFlow to save some hard earned cash. I guess it's just an exhaust after all :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Tbf, buying a car like this, and thinking the service plan is the best bit highlights the pitfalls of such desires. Bemoaning the £15k sports exhaust will still like small fry even the minimum £1k services every 1k miles kick in.

You could always go PowerFlow to save some hard earned cash. I guess it's just an exhaust after all :D

Its a bonus, I was just as happy to buy a 2010 with no service pack, simple fact is this car saves me £3500 in services, though the car cost an additional 10k, so there was no budgeting or trying to save money the service plan is not the best highlight at all, its merely a bonus. I purchased the car I truly wanted, as such I spent more, no attempt was made to save money or cut corners or buying a car because free services, the car I wanted was purchased, free services are a bonus.

Exhaust if I go third party I will buy the one I like the sound of most whether it cost £1500 or £15,000 and I certainly won't be a guinea pig and will only go with proven setup and noise wise I like the sound of IPE F1 systems best, because F1 car. :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Old ones used to cost vastly more due to belts and chains needing changing which was typically engine out jobs, things improved a lot since the 360 and the 458 essentially become a modern car and as such minor service at £900 and major at £1200 seems very fair pricing wise, I am sure a spark plug change will add £500 on top of course because Ferrari tax, but they are cheaper to service than a Lamborghini and not really much more than an M car. The dealership did say its an unfortunate perception customers have and are pleasantly surprised.

You say that although from what I have heard from a few mates the basic quoted service costs are, what you might call, a starting point.

One has had a 599 from new, and has never had a bill less than £7k each year servicing has been needed.

Although to be fair, the owner is a complete perfectionist and the techs at the dealers he has used are all supremely fastidious shall we say, so he does just agree with everything they say, so anything less than perfect is noted and replaced.

Another has a 458 in black, and he has never paid less than £2k a service, which i guess is probably still a reasonable cost per year to run such an amazing machine.

So couple of questions, do you have a buyer for the SVR as I know a friend of a friend who would definitely have it.
He has been after one for ages, and has just sold my mate his AMG GTR after only 120 odd miles of driving, as he got in it at the dealer drove home, could not get out without help (back had gone) so got the dealer to take it straight back, where my mate then bought it.

And finally the big question, looking at the pics it's obviously Dickie's place so did you manage to knock him down to under the nearest big price point ?

EDIT:
My bad just caught up with the SVR thread so have answered my own questions ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Very nice car Gibbo, love the colour too, not something i would normally say to a yellow car, the only thing that spoils it imo are the keys they look like something you'd get with a Fiat 500 not a Ferrari, buts thats a minor thing.

Back
Top Bottom