A return to form: Say hello to Banana MK2, the Italian Prancing Horse (Ferrari 458 Italia)

OcUK Staff
OP
Not really the Ferrari but I’m doing more work on my other property and today did the garage floor and am very happy with results.

92A92F8D-B260-42F1-87EC-844CC4C3E445.jpeg EAF69FE8-9841-4F66-A76E-5B1CB366D81B.jpeg 3CBD8337-99CB-4963-A57E-A934C2E2E8A6.jpeg

Next step is to put white boards up and some nice posters and pictures to get it really looking the part.

Once the third garage is built all the tools will go into that as it’s gonna be a 3.5m x 6m long and then Ferrari can be re-homed to here. :)

Associate
The Swisstrax flooring looks great :cool:

I looked at it for my garage, but as my floor wasnt that level and it didn't slope off to a drain I decided against it as any liquids would collect under them. Ended up with 7mm solid Motolock tiles instead, which are great, but don't look as nice as the Swisstrax.

Soldato
Not really the Ferrari but I’m doing more work on my other property and today did the garage floor and am very happy with results.

92A92F8D-B260-42F1-87EC-844CC4C3E445.jpeg EAF69FE8-9841-4F66-A76E-5B1CB366D81B.jpeg 3CBD8337-99CB-4963-A57E-A934C2E2E8A6.jpeg

Next step is to put white boards up and some nice posters and pictures to get it really looking the part.

Once the third garage is built all the tools will go into that as it’s gonna be a 3.5m x 6m long and then Ferrari can be re-homed to here. :)
I used the Swisstrax stuff and it's SO good...really high quality and so quick and easy to put down as well. Not cheap, but should last effectively for ever and if I ever move house again I can take it with me.

Look nice Gibbo!

OcUK Staff
OP
I used the Swisstrax stuff and it's SO good...really high quality and so quick and easy to put down as well. Not cheap, but should last effectively for ever and if I ever move house again I can take it with me.

Look nice Gibbo!

Yep great thing about it and agreed it was so easy to put down.

I was planning on just putting down the old rubber mats in the new garage being built but after using this stuff I will put the same in that garage too as it looks awesome but that’s not being built until October.

The neighbour is also gonna put me white thin MDF up against the walls too so it has that clean clinical look and all the tools and tool chest will be leaving this garage and going into the new one being built as that will be more a workshop and this shall literally be just a nice place for the cars and car cleaning stuff. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
The Swisstrax flooring looks great :cool:

I looked at it for my garage, but as my floor wasnt that level and it didn't slope off to a drain I decided against it as any liquids would collect under them. Ended up with 7mm solid Motolock tiles instead, which are great, but don't look as nice as the Swisstrax.

This is not Swiss Trax I was gonna buy that until a mate in the trade said there are other brands offering similar / identical product now for less money and he had both Swiss and Tuff in his garage and he was happy they were both as good as each other.

https://tuff-tile.com/

£4 a tile and my garage was 195 tiles and it’s a U.K. company also and I was a few ramp pieces short and they posted the additional out FOC.

Yes it’s still quite expensive but the quality is superb and the service is fantastic, I ordered Monday, parts arrived Thursday and I fitted yesterday, it’s an oddly pleasurable experience, kind of like Lego lol.

OcUK Staff
OP
Yeah I thought as much but no offence, I didn't think you could pull in ferrari money unless your basically a director running the place or the owner. You may well be. I don't know you that well. :D

I have an only fans account. ;)

However I’m here to discuss and enjoy cars. :)

Soldato
This is not Swiss Trax I was gonna buy that until a mate in the trade said there are other brands offering similar / identical product now for less money and he had both Swiss and Tuff in his garage and he was happy they were both as good as each other.

https://tuff-tile.com/

£4 a tile and my garage was 195 tiles and it’s a U.K. company also and I was a few ramp pieces short and they posted the additional out FOC.

Yes it’s still quite expensive but the quality is superb and the service is fantastic, I ordered Monday, parts arrived Thursday and I fitted yesterday, it’s an oddly pleasurable experience, kind of like Lego lol.

I think the Swisstrax stuff was about 50% more. Mine was 225 tiles and I think around £1350 delivered. When I was looking for mine the only alternatives I came across were similar but clearly inferior product (much thinner, and just generally floppier feeling), but I didn't come across Tuff. Looking at their specs they appear near identical to Swisstrax.

OcUK Staff
OP
Just wondering if I can't get a ferrari of my own by doing the same.

We make our own lives and success you just gotta go for it, can’t just copy others and expect same, gotta follow your own path and do your best.

I think the Swisstrax stuff was about 50% more. Mine was 225 tiles and I think around £1350 delivered. When I was looking for mine the only alternatives I came across were similar but clearly inferior product (much thinner, and just generally floppier feeling), but I didn't come across Tuff. Looking at their specs they appear near identical to Swisstrax.

I think TUFF is literally a copy, the tiles have no flex and are very strong and I paid £870 for 195 tiles delivered.

Very happy with it and will probably get it again for the other garage too as I really like it.

Associate
Ah, didn't realise they weren't Swisstrax tiles. As above, when I was looking I never came across those ones, they look great value for money. Would only have worked out £70 more expensive for my whole garage over the Motolock tiles I went for, but as I said, I had reservations about going for an open tile. Will bookmark them for possible future use elsewhere though.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Back in February I had a go at making my first Vlog of taking the 458 for its first service.
I am not a natural on camera so do not expect some amazing documentary or car review.

A subscribe and thumbs up/down would be appreciated please.
It is just a hobby and in the future we will no doubt make more videos when we get time but as that was filmed in February and uploading only just it does not bode well, but it is fun and hope people can watch and enjoy, hopefully don't bore you too much. :)

Back
Top Bottom