A thread with photos and things.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks Buddy, 5D Mk3 + 6D Mk2 and a combination of:

Sigma 85mm 1.4 EX HSM (not the new Art version)
Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art
Canon 35mm 1.4 L II
Tamron 15-30 2.8 VC

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
It is rather excellent, and no complaints at all here. Focus hit rate is also higher than the Sigma, although I kind of expected that anyway. It's the locking lens hood I particularly like though.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
London Richmond? I'm in London on the weekend of the 21st!

A few more from recent days :cool:

It's not all good news though, look at how sharp the focus is on this shot!

_26A0097.jpg

Of course that was with AI Servo enabled and in a dimly lit room so AF was hunting during the burst a bit. I got the shot in one of the other images in the buffer, just found the above amusing :p

I've just stumbled upon this thread and seen this photo.

I love everything about it, what a great shot!

Thanks! That day was pretty epic in the Highlands.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
It was a chance shot really, my friend and I were shooting a wedding during golden hour and the sun was looking amazing, so we walked around with b&g stopping here and there for some shots. He walked ahead and this scene just came into view, whipped out the 35 and snap snap snap :D

Here are a few more form that day:

(The flipflops were a must really, she'd been in uncomfortable heels all day and simply had enough! In hindsight I should have just carried the heels and got her to put them on for that shot. In other ways they amplify the chilled nature of the scene I suppose? :p)

Yo mrk I'm organising a photo walk in central London on the 21st April. hit me back on WhatsApp

I will mostly be busy by the looks of it on the 21st, but should be free the 22nd in the afternoon onwards I guess. Just a weekend staying with family over there so as usual not sure what's been planned. I do want to do London street photography again though as it's been a while since the last session. Problem is getting time free...

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Not sure what's going on with the flickr images above :/
Edit* They're working again!

Anyway, a few more from recent times but in black and white only. Finally got round to tweaking a few presets I'd been playing with in Lightroom and got the balance I was after. These are based on Agfa 200++ film.

Gd0MjYKl.jpg UNuqxXvl.jpg

LiQPu3Dl.jpg DMCFW2vl.jpg

t4BUrWIl.jpg 41g9ADFl.jpg

D1E5uUJl.jpg y6hcLMSl.jpg

hFWkl1Ql.jpg TQAKJR4l.jpg

guPCx4Dl.jpg Ci2LMJ3l.jpg

QY8K0TUl.jpg SkYwU4Ql.jpg

tpt3hawl.jpg PjFr0mGl.jpg

wzIeviKl.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks both :)

I read an email from natgeo on the way to work this morning saying the same shot is now trending as one of the most popular on YourShot!

It's been a rather fantastic end to the week so far I'd say!

Caporegime
Been seeing the light umbrella shots a few times recently. How's it done? One of the subjects holds a speedlight behind them with a remote trigger?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
You can do it that way, but I use the speedlite's stand that comes with it and simply place it on the floor aiming upwards! Remote trigger for firing. O use the Yongnuo 600EXs with the E3-RT commander, so can control power etc from the commander.

Back
Top Bottom