A thread with photos and things.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
:D

When I say tour, I don't mean a guided tour hehe. Tour as in we toured Belgium with a map of sites we wanted to explore, like a grand tour, but with derelict places!

There are/were many places in London you could urbex, but most are highly guarded or are now demolished. Battersea Power Station was one epic explore, felt like Metal Gear SOlid sneaking from shadow to shadow, avoiding the spot lights and guards :eek:

Caporegime
Oh right haha, silly me.

Think an old school friend used to do the same, got some fantastic shots/locations.

I bet Battersea was wonderful, I might start keeping an eye out for potential spots.

We did a similar thing as kids in my village, snuck into a banana factory. Bar the human poo we found, was so much fun. I declined the return visit which was a good dodge as the police turned up with a dog :p.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
It can be risky in terms of safety, and sometimes you will get caught by security, or the police. Just gotta be level headed really and everything works out fine. IT's finding the same points of entry others have used that takes time unless someone tips you off, which groups tend to keep to themselves. Plus part of the fun is scoping, building a plan, then entry and exfil after seeing and capturing the images you want.

It's only more recently I've been using only the 35mm 1.4 for Urbex shots. I used to ultra-wide everything to give that wide perspective to interiors, but the 35 has forced me to think out the box and compose shots in a way most others don't do for the same locations. Plus being 1.4, didn't use the tripod a single time :D

Caporegime
Have you ever been caught? Can they confiscate your camera?

Haven't really done any city/interior before but interesting about you using a 35mm (I bet 1.4 is dreamy :D). As I am typing this, I am scoping the London skyline in front of me seeing if there is anything worth sneaking into/photographing :p.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Only once in Belgium. They can't confiscate your camera or anything like that. They just ask you questions and confirm ID then you're on your way.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
The 2nd one is Mhairi, as she was laughing her mum was so happy I can't even explain it. Never seen someone s overjoyed with happiness before! I've met her before so she's used to me but the first one is Cooper and that day was the first time we met. I tend to get on really well with animals and babies haha!

Soldato
Haha a very useful talent. I have a little one myself so appreciate the combination of skills to get those shots. Hope the parents gets lots of shot as it goes by so fast and you never regret having too many photos of your kids, it's the other way around.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Another friend saw the above photos and asked if I could get some shots of her 2 year old and herself on the IoW soon so am looking forward to that! I've been inspired by a few examples of portraits on Instagram that I wanted to try my own version of so this will be an ideal opportunity :cool:

But yep agreed with you!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
I do like black and white.

IMG-20190409-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20190409-WA0008.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
A bridal dress shoot (personal project) from last weekend :cool:

The difference in light tone 3 hours makes. The first two were around 3PM, the last two around 6PM, golden hour primetime.

Back
Top Bottom