A Walk in the Country (56k warning, 11 images)

Associate
Hi Chaps,

I have been lurking here for ages but haven't posted many pictures yet (3 in total I think) so here's my first series. The sun was out for a bit the weekend before last :eek: so me and the (new) wife took a walk around Herts and Bucks. I took my camera and this is the result. The first shot was into the sun and I didn't bracket :rolleyes: so have stuggled with levels a bit to bring it back. I liked the composition and wanted to keep it in the series so apologies for the image quality.

2006_01220004.jpg

2006_01220009.jpg

2006_01220010.jpg

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
ooh, very nice.

The composition on them is excellent. The swans and number 6 seems a bit bland but the first few are very nice.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the feeback and coments everyone :)

Joe T said:
2 and 3 look like Coombe Hill to me? Am I right? Are you local to there?

Yes. Two, 3 and 4 are from Coombe Hill. I live in Berkhamsted, Herts about 15 miles or so away. The other pics are from Wilstone Reservoir, Herts. It's a great place to go if you're a 'twitcher' or have a 400mm lens, rare birds can be spotted there. Here's an obligatory sunset pic over it from last weekend.

2006_01290017_1.jpg

Cheers,

Mohain

Soldato
Cheers Mohain. As you can see from my location, Im not far from you either. I will have to check out Wilstone Reservior. I was at The Reservoirs at Tring last weekend, which wasnt bad but I didnt manage anything good.

:)

Associate
OP
Sleepyd said:
Wow that's a really great shot Mohain - so sharp and contrasty.

which lens?

Actually it's with a Finepix s9500.

Joe T said:
Cheers Mohain. As you can see from my location, Im not far from you either. I will have to check out Wilstone Reservior. I was at The Reservoirs at Tring last weekend, which wasnt bad but I didnt manage anything good.

Well i think it was Wilstone Reservior. It's a bit north of Tring, just off the A41. BTW, my inlaws live in Amsersham. Well very nearby, Great Missenden.

Cheers,

Mohain

Soldato
Mohain said:
Well i think it was Wilstone Reservior. It's a bit north of Tring, just off the A41. BTW, my inlaws live in Amsersham. Well very nearby, Great Missenden.

Cheers,

Mohain

I think thats the reservoir I was at the other day. Nice location, and good for sunsets, as you have shown. :)

If you fancy meeting up for a shoot any time, let me know. :)

Back
Top Bottom