• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

A10-7850k and R9 290x Bottleneck. Help suggestions?

Permabanned
CPU
AMD A10-7850k

GPU
Radeon R9 290x

Motherboard
MSI A88x-G45 with 1.9 bios

HDD
3TB

Heatsink
Noctua D-15

I noticed the bottleneck recently within Battlefield 1, i just bought this game and am disappointed on the fps values i receive. Usually 25fps. I Have tried many overclock combinations and have only been able to reach 4.5Ghz. So i just have settled on running OC Genie on switch Gear 2.

I really am liking this game and would love any help on the bottleneck (what to do). I have tried unparking the cores etc. Nothing was able to help drastically. Help please!

Soldato
Its your CPU as it is not a very strong quad core. If I were you I would wait until April the 11th for the Ryzen R5 launch.

UTHepzS.png

The lowest SKU is the R5 1400 which should be around £170,and have 4 much stronger cores with SMT.

If you can't stretch to that,I would consider looking at maybe a secondhand Core i5 of some sort.

Soldato
The only thing I would suggest is turning the graphic options (particularly shadows) to minimum. Unfortunately that APU is is garbage for modern games.
Looking at youtube videos the performance you are getting seems to be correct. These APU's do benefit from faster RAM but in this case it would be a waste of money and would be best put towards a new system.
Not the reply you wanted to hear i know but there is no other option.

Here is a video of what that GPU can do with a decent CPU.

Back
Top Bottom