A64 complete system build

Soldato
Great post and hopefully useful if I stumble onto a couple of grand in my house ;)

What are the two red things sticking out the back? Adapters for gfx or something?

Associate
OP
helpimcrap said:
just out of interest... how loud is that vantec tornado fan?

Very loud but at least I know it’s working ;)
Last night I cut the wires for it and put it on a 3-wire fan header plug so my motherboard can control the fan speed.
Now its off at idle 0000rpm (31c) and takes over 40 min of prime 95 to heat up so the fan is running at the full 4800rpm which is at 40c
= a lot better

georges said:
What are the two red things sticking out the back? Adapters for gfx or something?

They are DVI to VGA adapters
They came with the GFX card
As I am running 2 CRT monitors unlike most people that have LCD, which use the DVI connections

hp7909 said:
but what's this, no DVD±R/RW :confused:

not got one yet might get one, but I have no use for one.

Gun9 said:
oh forgot to ask total cost of this build please?

£940 with vat and P&P from OCUK
+ the cost of my old SoundBlaster card and my external CD-RW drive

Last edited:
Soldato
Tappits said:
not got one yet might get one, but I have no use for one.
Fair enuff :)

That pic of AS5 on the proessor has had me thinking/worried all day if i applied too much on mine.

Edit - Are you supposed to apply about the size of a rice grain on A64 and on an Intel slightly more (1 & a half), or the other way round :confused:

Last edited:
Associate
OP
hp7909 said:
Fair enuff :)

That pic of AS5 on the proessor has had me thinking/worried all day if i applied too much on mine.

Edit - Are you supposed to apply about the size of a rice grain on A64 and on an Intel slightly more (1 & a half), or the other way round :confused:

Both about the same
The size of a grain of rice
You Can go a bit over

Soldato
How do you get it so neat inside... Mine always looks too cluttered.. Yet i cant sort it out whatever i do...

I might make a day of it next week trying to sort it out :p

Back
Top Bottom