A8n-sli LAN trouble..could be router .. :(

Associate
Ok i have 3 pcs connected to my 1800hg BT router..2 wireless..they work fine ..my main pc is wired via ethernet , cat 6e cable, direct to router..this is the pc im having trouble keeping a stable connection...i have ran it through the onboard marvel LAN..kept getting disconected pop up windows in the tool bar..about 3-4 times a minute,very annoying when im playing online games 90% of my time..so i have connected to the router via a seperate PCI lan card..still get the same disconnection problems.....to be honest its doin my head in and i seriously need help...i dont know what to try next..the other wireless pcs connected are fine to the same router...can someone please help me sort this problem :(

Associate
i'd put my money on naffed router switchport or dead cable. serves you right for wasting money on CAT6e cable, Cat6 is only needed for 10gig copper, which you don't and probably wont have.

Associate
OP
Ive tried different cable...think it was 5e,all i could get hold of at the time, from a well known pc store in town....and i have 4 ethernet ports on the router,which ive tried em all...best i just try a wireless card to get me over the trouble i guess :(

Associate
OP
I have spoke to the BT tech department for my 1800hg router,he ran tests from his end to check router was comunicating ok...i then plugged my laptop to the 6e cable and got the same disconection messages...he suggest the cable is wrong type..the router did come with a yellow cable for ethernet,but as usual i probably chucked it out doh !!.....so he says i just need a cat5 cable ..which i must try and get !

Back
Top Bottom