a8n32-sli deluxe, molex connector?

Associate
do i have to plug a four pin molex connector into the Mobo, as there is a slot for one on the mobo, just wondered if I need to use it? Mobo manual doesnt say an awfull lot about it? What happens if you dont? Any performance decrease/increase?

Associate
The manual says "When using two graphics cards without auxiliary power plugs do not forget to connect a 4 pin ATX power plug to the EZ Plug, otherwise the system will be unstable. Page 2-29.

Hope this helps, as I have a bigger problem with this motherboard.

-casw1000

Permabanned
A friend setup a non graphics intensive office machine and it still required the additional power plugs. I don't think you can do any harm pluggin them all in anyway?

Soldato
I have the ASUS A8N-SLI Premium with a single ATI graphics card and I do not have the molex connector plugged in.

It seems to be for running a pair of SLI cards, maybe even cards that do not have their own built in power plugs?

Man of Honour
Without it plugged in my 7800GTX512mb runs fine overclocked to 610/1800. As stated it is there for SLI systems. Tried it plugged in and it made no difference whatsoever to either clocks or stability. If your only using one card I would leave it out.

Back
Top Bottom