A8R32-MVP what is it

Soldato
Hmm how is this new BIOS version 0501 when the previous one was 0502 and the one before that was 04 something? :confused: Also, the onboard sound on my board is buggered. It was unfortunately over 28 days old when I worked this out so I just bought a soundcard to save dismantling my pc. Bit miffed though.

Suspended
Having weird onboard soundcard problems with this 06 beta bios, sound manager keeps on blanking it out (preferred sound devices) also sound in opera has stopped working, can't get youtube videos to play. Winamp/games fine though.

Soldato
chriscatt said:
Hi squiffy, I assume you've tried re-installing the latest realtek drivers?
ChrisC

Hi El Jimben, I think you'll find the latest are 0602....

ChrisC

Yeh, I saw that after d/ling the bios from the FTP site, turns out I was looking at the latest bios for the non-deluxe edition first time round!

Permabanned
hi i have spent a lot of time trying to figure out whats causing my stuttering issues in bf2 and civ4, does anyone know if any of these bios settings is causing it..

i have the latest bios 0602

On the advanced screen:
---------------------------------------------------------------
PEG Link mode - disabled
PEG buffer length - disabled
-------------------------------------------------------------
AI Clock Skew For Channel A - Is set at auto,

other options are it can be set to: Advance 900ps to 150 ps in increments of 150...( 900ps/750ps/600ps ect)

or delay 900pi to 150pi in increments of 150 like the above

Their is also a AI Clock Skew For channel B which is also set at auto
---------------------------------------------------------------
MEM Config:

Read Preamble - 5.5ns
ASyc Lantency - 7.0ns
CMD ADDR Timing Mode - 1T

Bank Interleave - Auto
burst Length - 8 Beats
Hardware Memory Hole - Disabled
-----------------------------------
ECC Config:

dram Ecc enable - Disabled

L2 Cache Bg Scrub - Disabled
Data Cache BG Scrub - Disabled

The Above 2 have LOADS of options.... 40ns to 640ns / 1.28us to 655.4 us/ 1.31ms to 84.00ms

---------------------------------

HT Link Speed - 600Mhz (x3)

CPU:RD580 - NB HT Link Width - 16bit (also can be set to 8 bit which was default)

RD580 HT Link Three State - Disabled (also tried enabled)
RD580 HT Drive Strength - Auto (can also be set to optimal)
HT Reciever Comp Ctrl - Optimal (also can be set to auto)

RD580 HT PLL Control - High speed (or low speed)

PCI Latency Timer - 64
Allocate IRQ to PCI VGA - yes
-------------------------------------------

ACPI 2.0 Support - No or yes (tried both)
ACPI APIC Support - Enabled

thanx

Associate
SameSuspect said:
hi i have spent a lot of time trying to figure out whats causing my stuttering issues in bf2 and civ4, does anyone know if any of these bios settings is causing it..

i have the latest bios 0602

I would try lowering the video resolution/graphics options and see what that does. Also make sure your using the latest catalysts. (and I would use drivercleaner too to make sure ALL remnants of old driver are removed before applying latest version.

Associate
this is too samesuspect. hi i just sold my asus a8r32-mvp, to run your san diego 3700 @ 2.6 u really dont need to lower your ht to 600 or x3 this board can easily go to 1500mhz fsb with no problems, i used to run my old sandiego 3700 @ 274fsb x 11, ht x5 = 3014mhz with a fsb of 1370mhz with no problems at all, 24/7. so i think you can raise your ht level cause 600 is well to low with board, well unless your using like 433mhz fsb x 6 LOL.

Back
Top Bottom