1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AAAAAAAA! medusa 5.1 USB + BF2 + teamspeak = MAdNesSSSssS!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by locutus12, 25 May 2006.

1. locutus12

PermaBanned

im really starting to hate this headset :(

everytime i start up battlefield 2 i am greeted by the sounds of my friends screaming at me to shut my microphone off as they can hear nothing but hugely loud static. its not random, its everytime i start battlefield 2. so as a consequence i now have to shut down teamspeak, start bf2, tab out and restart Teamspeak. that plus the microphone gain never seems to stay put for more than 24 hours, and the system sometimes likes to pretend the medusa 5.1 set doesnt exist makes me a little annoyed.

ideas anyone ? :confused:

2. no_1_dave

Soldato

Turn Voip off in BF2 Options & put BF2's sound option to Hardware instead of software

3. locutus12

PermaBanned

thats already done. no luck :(

4. Akhamar

Associate

I'm not sure how great any USB headsets are, which is why I avoided getting the USB version of the medusa's (standard ver with audigy 2, no probs with BF2 and TS).

You're not the only one to have issues it seems...and not just with this USB headset.

In your case though, it could be a faulty headset, if it's new you could get it replaced. Best to check it with some other stuff first though, try running a few other things while logged into Teamspeak to see if the same "noise" occurs.
    Also, I recommend trying the headset plugged into a different USB port (rear if you're using the fronts) just to be sure the headset is the problem.

5. no_1_dave

Soldato

I used to have a USB headset & had that same problem. I cant remember how I sorted it, but I know I plugged the headset in then messed with all the sound options...

6. orderoftheflame

Capodecina

Change to ventrilo ;)