1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abit AT8-32X ATI RD580

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by FrankJH, 2 Jun 2006.

1. FrankJH

Capodecina

There doesnt seem to be any interest in this board so I thought I would create a link to note anything I find when I recieve it tomorrow (hopefully)

2. BUFF

Mobster

2 new BIOS' on the Abit ftp.
    Haven't tried 1.2 yet myself but 1 guy says that he lost 11HTT on his overclock with it.

3. FrankJH

Capodecina

thank you for letting me know , while I am settling the board down I will just go with whatever it ships with I think ( unless its utterly shocking of course lol)

4. BUFF

Mobster

if your board comes with 1.0 you probably want to go to 1.1

5. sgoaty

Wise Guy

Hey buff how high htt did you get from the board?

6. FrankJH

Capodecina

Installed it yesterday and everything is going well so far

The only annoying thing is that I have one rogue unknown entry in my Device Manager and the driver isnt found on the CD (no additional cards apart from X1900X installed) and the only clue is that the device is on the PCI bus

Also the fan on my X1900 seems to be alot louder, and I do mean alot louder- but that could be due to my going from Cat 6.3 to Cat 6.5 (even though I never changed the default fan settings on the 6.3s either)

7. Coolasmoo

Mobster

That would be the Uguru Micro Processor

You need to install Uguru software available online or on the CD

8. FrankJH

Capodecina

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh thank you - thats more than likely it - I didnt want to load up on gunk until I had the basics sorted but that does make sense

Will try this as soon as I get home, thanks alot

9. FrankJH

Capodecina

Thank you that worked a treat - however I dont trust any windows clocking utilities so will go through the BIOS as normal - really hoping to get my Opty 170 a little higher than the 2.75GHz in my sig

10. FrankJH

Capodecina

Hate the way this board's oveclocking is set out differently

most A64 boards have a *5 multi which you slowly reduce while keeping the *2 static (or I did at least on DFI Ultra D) however this has a standard *10 multi which makes thigs more complicated imo