Absolutely clueless here - new Xbox games/accessories?

Man of Honour
I just bought an Xbox Series X because of you guys and know nothing - its my first console. Any good games releasing on it? I figure it'll be a comfy couch option after work when my wife isn't using our TV. Any must have accessories? Thanks :)

Caporegime
Dude you're nuts. Anyway, you should take a look at https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass/games# for a list that you can play with a membership.

The big hitters this autumn are Cyberpunk 2077 (19th Nov) and Assassin's Creed Valhalla (10th Nov). Gears 5 is getting an update as well.

The only accessory I'm getting at this point is the Play and Charge Kit which is a rechargeable battery pack for the controller. Saves messing about with batteries. Depending on how many games you're going to get, there is also the option of 1TB SSD cartridge but the price and availability of that is unknown at this point.

Man of Honour
OP
The only accessory I'm getting at this point is the Play and Charge Kit which is a rechargeable battery pack for the controller. Saves messing about with batteries. Depending on how many games you're going to get, there is also the option of 1TB SSD cartridge but the price and availability of that is unknown at this point.

Does it need a special charge kit?

Soldato
As above - Games Pass is an outstanding service and worth every penny. Plus, it'll allow you to stream many of the games to your phone.

Soldato
I just bought an Xbox Series X because of you guys and know nothing - its my first console. Any good games releasing on it? I figure it'll be a comfy couch option after work when my wife isn't using our TV. Any must have accessories? Thanks :)

What do you usually game on? You don't come across as techy enough for PC :p

Man of Honour
OP
I used to be PC, you might never go back after the ease of console gaming. The current gen ended my PC gaming days

I've had enough of the constant tinkering required, crazy Nvidia schemes etc. I may miss a KB and M though.

I may well get the new AC game on the Xbox instead of PC. Cyberpunk too. I use a controller for it anyway.

My biggest problem will be when the wife wants to use the TV. 60inch 4k though, that'll be a pleasant change.

Soldato
I've had enough of the constant tinkering required, crazy Nvidia schemes etc. I may miss a KB and M though.

I may well get the new AC game on the Xbox instead of PC. Cyberpunk too. I use a controller for it anyway.

My biggest problem will be when the wife wants to use the TV. 60inch 4k though, that'll be a pleasant change.
You can stream the game from the console to the windows pc or your android phone. The Series X is supposed to support up to 4K/60 game streaming which is pretty impressive compared to the current One X and whilst I have no knowledge of its encorder quality, I use Parsec and Rainway for this exact purpose (PC is rackmounted due to space; I play on laptops) and the One X looks 'fine' for general use and the Series X should be even better.

Man of Honour
OP
You can stream the game from the console to the windows pc or your android phone. The Series X is supposed to support up to 4K/60 game streaming which is pretty impressive compared to the current One X and whilst I have no knowledge of its encorder quality, I use Parsec and Rainway for this exact purpose (PC is rackmounted due to space; I play on laptops) and the One X looks 'fine' for general use and the Series X should be even better.

:eek: you can what now. So I could stream to my PC? That’s so cool. I assume it’s best to have the Xbox on a wired internet connection then rather than wireless? Can you stream to another tv in the house?

Soldato
Yep, xbox one x on insider ring then allows for game streaming via the console companion on Windows 10 or the xbox game streaming app on android. There are a few apps that will also do local streaming (official MS one also does xcloud) that can be sideloaded on Android TV... No dedicated app yet for any TVs but not hard to make as long as the device can pair with the Xbox controller or uses button combos such as back and start at the same time to emulate the guide... The Series X is so much faster that I'd imagine the encoder should be pretty top notch and therefore 1080p/4K streaming should be simple for it... hell even nviida gamestream can do HDR via the stream to an nvidia shield or moonlight.

Soldato
yep so I play on the 4k tv (with dolby vision) when the missus is out, not using it and then I stream to my laptop or pc when I want to play and she is. My network is fully wired but the android devices play well and look good via 5GHz wifi (NanoHD mounted near the house).

Back
Top Bottom