Accelero X2

Permabanned
just a comment on the vf900....

mine is on an x1900xtx, idles around 40-42... maxes around 58-60... on lowest setting with the card @ stock. and my case temps are quite toasty. am sure the x2 is very good, but the temps you mentioned for the vf900 sound plain wrong.

sry, just re-read my post... didn't mean it to sound offensive, but if i got the temps you're suggesting with a vf900 on an xt i'd be concerned. glad you're happy with the x2, sounds a good cooler

Last edited:
Caporegime
PapaLaz.uk said:
just a comment on the vf900....

mine is on an x1900xtx, idles around 40-42... maxes around 58-60... on lowest setting with the card @ stock. and my case temps are quite toasty. am sure the x2 is very good, but the temps you mentioned for the vf900 sound plain wrong.

No offence taken mate. I re-seated the vf900cu twice on my card, and both times temps were almost exactly the same. I've been doing this for a good while now and I have pretty much perfected seating them and the amount of AS5 to add. I can seat them consistently well.

My results are in line with what many XS users experienced, many of them who do the stuff 24/7. I'll get the links to the threads later but for many the results were consistent.

The 900cu does not have the cooling capacity that the X2 does, anyone who knows their stuff about hardware can look at the two coolers and see this in the design. The 900cu is a very lightweight design... no heatpipes... wafer thin copper fins and not much airflow going over them. In comparison the X2 is a lot meatier, with heatpipes and a very efficient cooling design. It can cope with more heat. The 900cu is great for Nvidia cards like the 7900GT... but for heat monsters like the X1900 I just don't ratte them... having used and tested both personally in exactly the same environment.

Rich. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Richdog said:
The 900cu is a very lightweight design... no heatpipes... wafer thin copper thins and not much airflow going over them. In comparison the X2 is a lot meatier, with heatpipes and a very efficient cooling design.

The VF900 does have heatpipes:

1. Pure copper heatsink base and fins maximize cooling performance.
2. Use of two high performance heatpipes maximizes heat transfer.
3. Circular heatsink formed by radially aligned ultra-thin(0.2mm) fins minimizes airflow resistance
and maximizes heat dissipation surface area for excellent cooling performance.
4. Fan installed in the heatsink cools not only the VGA chipset and VGA RAM, but all other VGA
components.
5. Does not exert any excessive force on the VGA card due to the product’s light weight.
6. Improvement in the installation structure provides excellent compatibility and easy installation.
7. Adjustable fan speed controller(FAN MATE 2) enables control of noise and fan speed.
8. Does not generate noise or vibration in Silent Mode.

VF900-Cu_big.jpg

Caporegime
Ok it has very minor "high performance" *cough* heatpipes... you didn't really need to paste all that for such a minor niggle... the point I was making was that compared to the X2 it just can't shift the heavier heat. :p

Caporegime
Richdog said:
Ok it has very minor "high performance" *cough* heatpipes... you didn't really need to paste all that for such a minor niggle... the point I was making was that compared to the X2 it just can't shift the heavier heat. :p

I got carried away :D

Soldato
the Accelero is 100% BTX compatible, thus a DHES is not possible/necessary anymore. The hot air is removed by the BTX airflow.

So unless your getting a BTX case wouldnt this be a poorer choice?

I was considering getting one for my x1800xt but i dont know if i want to as without the DHES i guess its going to increase case temps. Which is also what i have read in this topic.

Soldato
I did have a x2, but it wasnt to good for me averaging above 45'c on idle. only 5 of the thermal pads actually melted to the ram, and tehya re a real ****** to get off. VF-900 comes with *** really nice blue ram heat sinks.. and considering im getting temps sub 40 (ill post a screenie once i have the internet at home again (at office)) me thinks the 900 is a tad better. the x2 is really plasticy to, and sticks out of small cases and blows hot air inside *** case. not saying the 900 doesnt.

dante

Soldato
dante6491 said:
I did have a x2, but it wasnt to good for me averaging above 45'c on idle. only 5 of the thermal pads actually melted to the ram, and tehya re a real ****** to get off. VF-900 comes with *** really nice blue ram heat sinks.. and considering im getting temps sub 40 (ill post a screenie once i have the internet at home again (at office)) me thinks the 900 is a tad better. the x2 is really plasticy to, and sticks out of small cases and blows hot air inside *** case. not saying the 900 doesnt.

dante

X1900XT idling @ 45 is completely normal - nothing wrong with that.

it's about a week now since my x2 went on my X1900xt and the temps are getting better by the day. under full load (Prmm with all cranked up high) it now maxs out @ 58.5 degrees after 2 hours playing. Fan running @ 75% and can not be heard hardly. Settling in nicely and a hugh improvement noise wise.

Caporegime
dante6491 said:
im getting temps sub 40 (ill post a screenie once i have the internet at home again (at office)) dante

Hmm sub 40c idle temps? Unless you lived in a heavily air-conditioned apartment I would seriously doubt the accuracy of that result... especially at this time of year.

Soldato
Richdog said:
Hmm sub 40c idle temps? Unless you lived in a heavily air-conditioned apartment I would seriously doubt the accuracy of that result... especially at this time of year.

would defo be checking your temp sensers. seems very low!

Associate
I just installed a VF900 on my 1900xtx and my idle temp is about 43C...load temps are arround 70...and its so quiet compared to the stock cooler. My stock was 55-60 idle...and 90ish full load. Im pretty pleased...The zalman is miles better than the stock!

Back
Top Bottom