1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accessing Work Network

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by fetster, 18 Feb 2006.

1. fetster

Gangster

I have broadband both in office and at home and would like to access my work network from home. Currently I use logmein.com which does the job for now. However, we are installing a cctv system which can be viewed over the netowrk with the correct slient software, and logmein.com will not be sufficient to see quality images.

How can I connect to my office network so that my home computer has all the usual peer to peer accesses (network hard drives, printers etc)? All computers have windows xp Pro and both networks are peer to peer. Both have routers / cable modems which support vpn.

Regards

Simon

2. tolien

Caporegime

Best way would be exactly what you've hinted at, VPN. Pass on how you set it up with exclusively XP Pro though - Cisco VPN for me.

3. Catman05

Associate

what routers you got?

4. Ricochet J

Capodecina

Prob some big mofo routers that are 15 storeys tall and and cost the king's ransom :p

5. fetster

Gangster

Linksys WRT54G for the home network and a Netgear DG834G for the office network.