Accident...what do I do?

Soldato
First of all - sorry for posting - but I've no idea what to do....

Long and short of it:

I had an accident this morning, the 3rd party has accepted all liability. Their insurers, Hastings, have called me to confirm this.

I have logged the accident with my insurer, but I don't know what I should do next. Hastings are saying they want me to go through them with the claim. They have also confirmed I can go through VW to get all my repairs done by a main dealer, or garage of my choosing.

All help and advice much appreciated.

Associate
First of all - sorry for posting - but I've no idea what to do....

Long and short of it:

I had an accident this morning, the 3rd party has accepted all liability. Their insurers, Hastings, have called me to confirm this.

I have logged the accident with my insurer, but I don't know what I should do next. Hastings are saying they want me to go through them with the claim. They have also confirmed I can go through VW to get all my repairs done by a main dealer, or garage of my choosing.

All help and advice much appreciated.

Keep all communication with your own insurer and if hastings contact you, tell them to speak to your insurer. And confirm with your insurer that you want the repairs done by a main dealer body shop.

Man of Honour
Try asking your insurance company, its what you pay them for....

Keep all communication with your own insurer and if hastings contact you, tell them to speak to your insurer. And confirm with your insurer that you want the repairs done by a main dealer body shop.

No.

Inform your insurer as are legally obligated to and then let Hastings handle everything. This isn't what you pay your insurer for its what the third party pays his for.

It is in Hastings interest to treat you well as you'll let them handle it which lets them control the costs

Soldato
OP
No.

Inform your insurer as are legally obligated to and then let Hastings handle everything. This isn't what you pay your insurer for its what the third party pays his for.

It is in Hastings interest to treat you well as you'll let them handle it which lets them control the costs

Super - thank you Fox.

In a bit of a panic this morning, so thanks you for the advice. It's really appreciated

Associate
No.

Completely agree with [TW]Fox on this one. When I had a non-fault accident the person who crashed into me was insured with Admiral. Didn't really require too much work on my part as Admiral arranged everything. They had sorted out a hire car and delivered it to me within a few hours since the accident. Only thing i needed to do myself was discuss with the assessor as the car was a shed and was bound to be a write off so just needed to negotiate a settlement price (plus buy back).

Don't think going through my own insurance would have improved matters in anyway. Obviously had to call them to let them know of the accident and that the other parties insurance was going to deal with the incident.

Back
Top Bottom