Accounting software either for Windows 10 or in the cloud?

Soldato
I need some accounting software. I don't mind if it is for Windows 10, Linux or a cloud-based solution but I'm limited by how much money I can afford to pay. Accounting software is essential, so I'm not going to go with an inferior product simply to save a couple of quid.

The business I'm currently setting up has the potential to be quite complex when it comes to accounting. I need to deal not only with foreign currencies (EUR and USD) but also with cryptocurrencies. I'm building the software myself, so I can save a lot of data that will be useful for accounting in the future, but I'll need to be able to import it so being able to import an Excel spreadsheet or a raw CSV file would be useful.

Any tips on what accounting software to use given the above information? Thank you.

Soldato
OP
An accountant. You're talking what £90 a month for a decent account whose software can manage this. Someone like Crunch springs to mind

Oh, I'll be hiring an accountant as well. But I want to do as much as possible myself because I don't have much money. I was hoping to learn to use the software myself. I have bought a couple of accounting books and am slowly reading through them. That doesn't change the fact that I will hire an accountant soon.

Soldato
I use QuickBooks online. It’s not perfect but does a good job especially with the basics. If your accounts aren’t particularly complex then QuickBooks allows you to submit your self assessment direct to HMRC.

Soldato
OP
I use QuickBooks online. It’s not perfect but does a good job especially with the basics. If your accounts aren’t particularly complex then QuickBooks allows you to submit your self assessment direct to HMRC.

I'm a private limited company so need to do corporation tax as well as self assessment and the other stuff you need to do for private limited companies.

Back
Top Bottom