Acer 8ms Widescreen AL1916W 19"

Associate
Hey,

I am thinking of ordering one of these in the near future. Have any of you lot got them, what they like, good picture etc?

Also, pics would be nice as I cant find many high res ones.

Thanks,

Dave

Associate
I bought one over the weekend (£177.43p delivered) Parcelforce delivered it today, I'm impressed with it so far, I was reluctant to open it at first dreading the cursed dead pixels, but was relieved when turned it on and found it had none.

First thing was to find a decent wallpaper. I'm now going to try and play BF2 for a few hours and maybe some HL2 as well. Browsing theses forums seems a little weird as its all stretched sideways, but I guess I'll get used to it.

I'll report back when I've had a little play. Here are some pics I took in a hurry:-

For just shy of £180 I'm more than pleased.

Soldato
I decided to buy one. Soon as i got it out the box i was pretty impressed. It looks very well built. The picture is amazingly sharp and i got no dead pixels.

The only thing is that you can not adjust the stand at all. You basically just slot the monitor into the base stand and put it on your desk. I have put a bit of card under it tho to get it how i want lol.

I just took these for you...

pict00014of.jpg

pict00031on.jpg

pict00027rc.jpg

Soldato
Hi guys,

finaly got my monitor, but unfortunately i cannot seem to get it to run at the 1440x900 default resolution.

i cant seem to find any drivers for this monitor on acers website??

is there anything that i can do?

but its a great monitor anyhow. :)

@Camalot

thanks for the link :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom