Acer 8ms Widescreen AL1916W 19"

Associate
Would a Geforce 4 ti 4200 (Nvidia) graphics card be ok with this monitor? Also theres a window to the right of the desk of where the monitor would go. Would that cause too much of a problem with positioning or would I have to tilt the blinds/close curtains etc?

Soldato
davidcotton said:
Would a Geforce 4 ti 4200 (Nvidia) graphics card be ok with this monitor? Also theres a window to the right of the desk of where the monitor would go. Would that cause too much of a problem with positioning or would I have to tilt the blinds/close curtains etc?

Are you planning to use it for games, and if so which games? 1440*900 will be a real struggle for a GF4 TI4200 in lots of newer games, but no more so than 1280*1024 on a 17" or 19" TFT. 1440*900 is actually slightly less pixels than 1280*1024. If you're used to running games at 800*600 or 640*480 though, expect much slower framerates at 1440*900.

As for reflections, TFTs have very matt screens and reflect very little light (except for the few glass fronted ones).

Associate
fish99 said:
Are you planning to use it for games, and if so which games? 1440*900 will be a real struggle for a GF4 TI4200 in lots of newer games, but no more so than 1280*1024 on a 17" or 19" TFT. 1440*900 is actually slightly less pixels than 1280*1024. If you're used to running games at 800*600 or 640*480 though, expect much slower framerates at 1440*900.

As for reflections, TFTs have very matt screens and reflect very little light (except for the few glass fronted ones).

Nope no gaming really. Used to play eve but more or less given up on that for the time being. Would be used for word processing, surfing, playing odd film now and then.

Associate
danderson said:
Dave,

Here's my setup.

Hopefully this will convince you.

Click Me

If you're still unsure, Click Me Again

;)

Damn you... that makes me so jealous. Nice arms though, any more details on them please?
Edit: Oh wait, those are the Ergotron ones , right? Reading the thread made me want one quite badly.

And as for the rubbish stand, here's my solution :D

Textbooks for the win.

As everyone has said, very nice monitor for the price, only thing lacking being lots of inputs. It gives you a lot more room to work on things, and toolbars etc. are much sharper and prettier to look at.

Last edited:
Associate
WolfR1der said:
And as for the rubbish stand, here's my solution :D

Textbooks for the win.
QUOTE]

Heh, thats similar to how I've got the iiyama tft at work. Only difference is that I've got the tft on two packs of a4 nicked from the photocopier room :)

Associate
A4 Packs you say? Now that sounds like an idea, unfortunately i'm going to be needing those textbooks again very soon..

Still, one of those Ergotron Arms is very tempting... even if they are £80+...

Associate
Keylow said:
Thinking of getting this. A question for those who have it, does it support 1280x720?
In Catalyst Control centre it's supported, but it's not the native res so i don't know how nice it would look.

I haven't noticed any problems with the backlight, though i wouldn't know what to look for. With the lights off it isn't leaking out the sides or anything.

Associate
Just bought one of these after looking at the comments here and some other websites.
Absolutley fantastic screen :D :D :D :D

Well I have come from a 15" TIME monitor that is around 8yrs old !!!!!!!!!!!!

CS:S and NFSMW is now pure eye candy..........

Lovin' it guys

Thanks to you all

Back
Top Bottom