I brought the following Monitor a few day's ago, i booted up a few game's

Wolfenstein 2
Dying Light
Star Wars BF2 2017

PC Specs
I7-7700k
16GB DDR4
1080TI

When i pay these games i get way over 100 FPS so i have limited them but still getting screen tear, i have also done what people said online about turning on VSYNC in control panel, that does help but i thought the reason for buying a GSYNC monitor was not to use VSYNC

I just want to get other owners opinion on this matter or if this happened to you at all i'm not sure if the unit could be faulty??

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Associate
Have you turned on the on-screen refresh number - and does that change? If it does change that indicates g-sync is working, if it stays the same g-sync is not in operation (unless you are achieving max refresh rate all the time in which case you would have no tear).

Soldato
When you get to max refresh rate you either have Vsync on or Vsync off, if you have it off you will get tearing, if you are limiting the FPS then you need to limit it to about 96fps, if you limit to 99fps or 98fps etc. it will still go over 100 and will get tearing.

Soldato
Im using the Alienware AW3418DW and just set Nvidia inspector to limit the frames to 116fps

This keeps it nicely below the 120Hz refresh so go for 96 on your Acer

Associate
OP
Im using the Alienware AW3418DW and just set Nvidia inspector to limit the frames to 116fps

This keeps it nicely below the 120Hz refresh so go for 96 on your Acer

Thanks for the information I will give this a try, been busy with new years so not had a chance to jump on the pc

Associate
OP
doing it wrong.. with gsync

NCP = vsync on

every game you play vsync off in the ingame video settings.. i also take it your monitor is running at 100hz?

I'm not using V-Sync in-game, but you think i should always have it on in NCP?

Is it worth using a limiter or just use VSYNC on in NCP plus G-Sync as the monitor technology?

Soldato
I'm not using V-Sync in-game, but you think i should always have it on in NCP?

Is it worth using a limiter or just use VSYNC on in NCP plus G-Sync as the monitor technology?

You need some sort of frame limiter at the top end otherwise run into same tearing issues as you do with a non-G-SYNC Panel. G-Sync only works from 30hz to the refresh rate of the panel. Above that and it will behave like any other panel. Nvidia has FastSync available (Single GPU only) which works above the refresh rate of the panel in an attempt to alleviate the slight input lag of normal V-Sync, would try that in conjunction with G-Sync to see how you fare.

Associate
I didn't read all the posts here but I believe that it is best if you have vsync on in windows and vsync off in games and just use g-sync and a frame limiter if you are having issues with the card running too fast.

Back
Top Bottom