Acer Predator X35 Removed from sale

Associate
I doubt it's the fan. They have a flickering issue. Documented here https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/573868/x35-flickering-acer-x35-monitor
On youtube as well, though this the Asus pg35vq https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC_...ktz5231srgmokkzinwdrk0h00410.1567359296411269
I have the Asus pg35vq and I have the flickering issue only noticed it in a few games. Battlefield 5 being the worst with the issue.
There was a possibility of a driver fix from Nvidia but that was about 4 drivers ago and it still hasn't been fixed.
Noticed today on my panel that (it appears)one of the fald backlight areas isn't turning on. I've noticed it on white web pages like a light brown spot. When i go to a solid colour page(blue for example)when I hold the cursor over that area its black, when I hold the cursor over any other part of the screen I get a slight halo which is how it should behave. While gaming the area seems to be fine.Also when I first turn it on it seems to be ok.
Overall what with what I've found today, and with the flickering,..god knows.

Associate
I'm going to have to send mine back.had it about 5 weeks. I was holding out for a fix but now I have this other issue. At this price it shouldn't have any issues(not that the price matters)Having a quick look it's going to be at least 80 quid to send it back.

Associate
Additionally the fans are totally screwed up ramping from 0-100% every 30 seconds . I really hope that and the flickering gets fixed asap as I want to buy this monitor.

Soldato
I was tempted but with the known issues think I’ll pass. Especially with the price.

Not sure about the whole fan idea either. Just another thing to fail or create noise in the future.

Never mind the reported flickering issues and has dirk has said about his fald zone dying that has put it in for me.

I’ll wait a few more years yet for it to be ironed out.

Associate
OP
Still going to keep my pre-order, i'ts not with overclockers it's with another company that I know will take the monitor back with any issues. Hopefully the can resolve this monitors issues and get them back for sale again.

Back
Top Bottom