Acer Recovery Disks

Associate
My friend has got the same ACER laptop as me. Mine has had UBUNTU installed on it and has a UBUNTU / WIN 7 Choice at start up.

I want to restore my laptopto its original state. Alt + F10 doesn't work as presumably the restore file isn't loading due to the the boot menu.

Can I do a complete restore using my friends restore disks which he made when he first got his laptop up and running?

Associate
joroma
Acer Recovery Disks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My friend has got the same ACER laptop as me. Mine has had UBUNTU installed on it and has a UBUNTU / WIN 7 Choice at start up.

I want to restore my laptopto its original state. Alt + F10 doesn't work as presumably the restore file isn't loading due to the the boot menu.

Can I do a complete restore using my friends restore disks which he made when he first got his laptop up and running?

There should be no problems using his disc's, if fact, get him to make you up a set of disc's.;)

Associate
OP
ACER support, INDIA, say I can't use Restore Disks from another ACER. My friend asked me to check before using them as he was worried they might think his ACER had an illegal OS on it!!!

So that option is no longer available to me. To recap when I press and Alt and F10 at start up I get an error message saying "Disk 0 not Found at Partition 3" and cannot proceed with the restore. I am assuming this is because the boot menu is preventing the restore accessing windows and the hidden partition.

The laptop was originally supplied with VISTA but as it was at the time Win 7 was launched ACER supplied two Win 7 upgrade disks which my son installed before installing the UBUNTU system and boot (grub?) menu. When we first set the laptop up with VISTA I did make two restore disks which he lost at Uni.

So I want to get the machine back to how it was with VISTA factory settings which I can then upgrade to Win 7 using the ACER upgrade disks. I would like to keep the original ACER Restore Partition and remove the UBUNTU partition my son set up on the hard drive.

I have available to me:

1) A non ACER retail XP Pro disk
2) A non ACER retail Win 7 Disk
3) The original ACER Win 7 upgrade disks
4) The ACER restore partition if I could get it to run!

Any help much appreciated!!

Back
Top Bottom