Acer S243HL 24" on Windows XP using DSUB

Associate
Hi all,

I've just taken delivery of a new Acer S243HL 24" monitor, ahead of rebuilding my PC. Currently using an old Radeon X800 GTO graphics card, and I've connected the monitor using the DSUB connector (as the ancient card doesn't have HDMI!). However I cant seem to get XP to recognise that its anything other than the dreaded 'Default Monitor' and therefore the display just looks terrible. I've downloaded the Asus utility, which again doesn't recognise the screen. Is there any way (apart from waiting until I re-build?!) of making this screen work using DSUB under XP?

I'm probably missing the obvious, but any help gratefully received!

Cheers :)

Update - I've managed to get the driver installed (yippee!) so I can now select the higher resolutions-however if I choose 1920 x 1080 (the native res of the screen) it still shows in what appears to be lower res,but I can scroll the screen around by hitting the edge of the screen with the cursor (if that makes sense?!). It's like I'm seeing just a portion of the desktop,and the rest is there,but off the sides of the display. I've updated to the latest version of the ATi catalyst control centre / driver too,just in case. Really driving me mad now,never come across this with a new screen before. Ta!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom