1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acrobat reader & accessibility options

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by Pickers, 17 Jan 2006.

1. Pickers

Mobster

Argh - I had on windows magnifier so I could view my playlist from the other side of the room, and I opened up a pdf document, and Acrobat reader comes up about accessibilty options. Now whenever I open a PDF (for example scanned old science journal articles) it reads it and displays an optimised output. That is to say, it converts the scanned text document (image) into formatted text.
    This is all well and good, but science documents use wierd characters and I'm concerned that it is going to read and display something wrong. Not only this, but it plays havoc with graphs and tables.
    I've looked everywhere trying to turn this darn thing off, but the only options I can find are selections to read one page at a time, or whole document upon opening.
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled and its still doing it. Can anyone help - this is pretty important!!

2. Overload

Hitman

Edit->preferences->page display
    have a look to see if 'smooth text', 'smooth line art' and 'smooth images' are ticked.
    Hope this helps.

3. Pickers

Mobster

ahh - smooth text wasnt checked. Seems to al be normal again now... how odd.