Active Directory Book...

Associate
Hey guys, i know its abit rude posting it in here rather than the book section, however a lot of you's here have vast experiance in network/administration.

Ive just landed a new graduate job, and not coming from a administration side, mostly networking, i dont know much about active directory. I do know about OU's and special containers etc. Its more about deployment and merging networks over AC 2003.

They've offered me discount if i take a MCSE course, so i part pay so do they, which is a good offer. Ive only got CCNA 1-4 but have got my experiance out of it so far, but i want to go one up and learn more about the planning/implementation/maintaining side on windows server 2003.

I would just like some advise and recommendations on a Active Directory book, i wouldnt mind buying one off you's if its stuck in a corner and not being used.

Thanks for your time :)

Soldato
I personally like the MS Press books, if you're doing the MSCE pick up 70-294 and 70-297 :)

It'll be worth your while setting up some virtual machines up to play with too.

Associate
Became a MCSE yesterday, wahey! I'll advise the examcram books. Used a few of the microsoft books for other exams and I find the examcram ones a lot better, they cut out most of the useless bloat. I wouldn't be put off by the examcram name either, there's still plenty of substance.

Back
Top Bottom