Actors I am amazed that get jobs...

Soldato
No you're not.

You're hating on a movie which is objectively (especially for the time it was released) impressive from a visual standpoint.

For anyone to have a total hatred in all respects of a thing, to the extent you're claiming you do, I would be extremely concerned about their well being. Furthermore, to claim "Avatar" is the worst movie ever, means you're either being hyperbolic at best, or have seen very few movies. You take your pick, but I'm not going to drop down on your 'but muh opinion' nonsense.

You do you buddy, but drop the hyperbole, it makes you look silly. When you complained about Avatar winning Academy Awards you could have shown some grace when it was pointed out that those awards were related to the visuals.

If I don't believe the Oscar to be a very good yard stick of success then I fail to see which department the awards come from.
The only person who looks silly here is the person who's trying to look clever whilst actually just being ad hominem. I'm allowed to believe that it's the worst film should I wish to say so. You getting angry at me and wasting your time replying says more about you being extremely concerning than me choosing to voice my opinion. If I offend you leave the thread, or choose to ignore me, something I shall now be doing to you.

Soldato
If I don't believe the Oscar to be a very good yard stick of success then I fail to see which department the awards come from.
The only person who looks silly here is the person who's trying to look clever whilst actually just being ad hominem. I'm allowed to believe that it's the worst film should I wish to say so. You getting angry at me and wasting your time replying says more about you being extremely concerning than me choosing to voice my opinion. If I offend you leave the thread, or choose to ignore me, something I shall now be doing to you.

Oh, a lot of projection. I already stated I'm not fond of the Oscars, something you've decided to skip.

Enjoy yourself, I wont miss you should you choose to 'ignore me' as you've stated.

I'm not angry in the least btw, but good for you bud.

Man of Honour
I guess a lot of it is catering to American audiences but what I find frustrating with Adam Sandler is that he actually can do more serious roles or subtle humour very well but almost always seems to end up in hideously overplayed comedic roles which completely ruin, at least for me, the experience.

Commissario
before you judge others judge yourself lol, could you do any better? :p
No but I can tell when someone isn't doing a very good job because I've seen plenty of others doing that same job significantly better.

I've always found Melissa McCarthy irritating and unlikeable.
She was perfectly fine as Sookie but she's not been much good in anything else.

Caporegime
I do like Mark wahlberg, think he does a pretty decent job in whatever role he takes.

The one I don’t understand that keeps getting roles are the likes of Gerard Butler. Sure he was good in the 300 but since then every single movie he has been in has been atrocious. Maybe it’s the fact that his “American” accent is so hilariously pathetic. Seriously just stop with that nonsense lol.

Another actor who I didn’t think had it is Bautista, WWE wrestler. But like the Rock he has done pretty good. Think his best role to date was in the second part of guardians of the galaxy.

Soldato
I do like Mark wahlberg, think he does a pretty decent job in whatever role he takes.

The one I don’t understand that keeps getting roles are the likes of Gerard Butler. Sure he was good in the 300 but since then every single movie he has been in has been atrocious. Maybe it’s the fact that his “American” accent is so hilariously pathetic. Seriously just stop with that nonsense lol.

Another actor who I didn’t think had it is Bautista, WWE wrestler. But like the Rock he has done pretty good. Think his best role to date was in the second part of guardians of the galaxy.

He actually seems to take it really seriously, Blade Runner was a good showing for him. Think he stated though its tough when being a big guy, Hollywood only wants you for that stereo type.

Soldato
No you're not.

You're hating on a movie which is objectively (especially for the time it was released) impressive from a visual standpoint.

For anyone to have a total hatred in all respects of a thing, to the extent you're claiming you do, I would be extremely concerned about their well being. Furthermore, to claim "Avatar" is the worst movie ever, means you're either being hyperbolic at best, or have seen very few movies. You take your pick, but I'm not going to drop down on your 'but muh opinion' nonsense.

You do you buddy, but drop the hyperbole, it makes you look silly. When you complained about Avatar winning Academy Awards you could have shown some grace when it was pointed out that those awards were related to the visuals.

I believe though it discovered soemthing new for the audience, think there was a paper done and someone timed it and it only takes about 10mins of viewing "spectacular" visuals before the brain switches off all of that, then everyone did in fact realise it had zero story or characters to back up the visuals. In fact I can barly remember a action sequence in it as it all mushed into each other. Actually did it even have a good soundtrack? An the meme about using a standard font for the title screens. Same is for Gaming, can have all the fancy stuff you want, but if the narrative falls apart, whats the point of a tech demo.

Soldato
Sophie Turner can take her GOT and X money and go away
Oh god yea, GOT was good for casting but that has some truly terrible actors.
Emila Clarke is about the worst, Kit Harrington made me actually laugh out loud how bad he was in that Pompei movie, and Turner, which in Xmen showed the acting range of a beetroot.

Soldato
I believe though it discovered soemthing new for the audience, think there was a paper done and someone timed it and it only takes about 10mins of viewing "spectacular" visuals before the brain switches off all of that, then everyone did in fact realise it had zero story or characters to back up the visuals. In fact I can barly remember a action sequence in it as it all mushed into each other. Actually did it even have a good soundtrack? An the meme about using a standard font for the title screens. Same is for Gaming, can have all the fancy stuff you want, but if the narrative falls apart, whats the point of a tech demo.

I can't remember much about the plot myself, I saw it back in 2009 when it came out and haven't had much desire to revisit it. I do believe it deserved awards for its visuals, which is exactly what it won, but it's ultimately on the forgettable side beyond the fact it broke some box office records. Unfortunately this seems to have spawned a chain of future sequels: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000116/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1 -- all the way up to Avatar 5 assuming number 2 doesn't flop and the rest get canned.

Permabanned
All the women in Christmas movies who are 10 years older than the characters they're playing, who look more similar in age to their parents than the guy they're dating.

Back
Top Bottom