1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

adding Subs to a BMW

Discussion in 'Motors' started by stig, 13 Jul 2006.

1. stig

Gangster

basically my car has the Logic 7 option which has two subwoofers under the seats, i want to put another one in the boot, i took out the idrive console and had a look but theres only two outputs , i was wondering if its ok to just put the third sub in parellel or will this not work?

*s

2. Rilot

Don

Not a good idea. You will lower the overall impedance of the circuit which may blow the amp.

Best thing to do is get a prefessional HiFi fitter to have a look at the circuit. My old 540i with the DSP hifi was a nightmare to upgrade and I expect that the Logic7 is along the same lines but more complicated.

3. 50/50

PermaBanned

There isnt much point. Saloon boots are really bad for bass acoustics, so you will get little or no bass into the cabin.

4. Scrutinize

Sgarrista

My local ice shop had an M3 as their demo car for a while. Took 2 x 12" seriously expensive and powerful subs and equally expensive amps to get a good sound. Pretty sure they used diamonds.

5. TomO

Mobster

i wouldnt say no point though.

mine are in a custom box that hangs under the parcel shelf. being a saloon the parcel shelf is obviously metal, which is sturdy and can support the weight.