1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adrian Flux latest scam

Discussion in 'Motors' started by s0ck, 16 Feb 2010.

1. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

They'll insure me on an M5 for the price everyone else wants for my 530 :D

2. Velocity

Wise Guy

Admiral insure both of my cars fully comp, for just under £500 a year, bargain!

3. NightShadow

Wise Guy

Seeing a pattern here..

Admiral were by far the cheapest for me £470 FC with protected NCD. Flux wanted just under £700.

4. NickXX

Soldato

I didn't have the best experience with Adrian Flux when I cancelled my 330d insurance.

I was pretty much bang on half way through a 12 month policy with them when I sold my 330d. Cancelled the insurance expecting to get half of my policy money back less, say, a £30 admin fee. Of the £550 or so that I paid out, I was expecting around £250.

Oh no - apparently due to their 'underwriter's rules' I was only eligible for a £90 refund! After speaking to a manager, and asking how they could possibly justify the missing £150, they agreed to give me the full pro rata refund of £260ish.

Although I got my way in the end, it was a pretty sneaky trick that they pulled at first. For that reason I'm not going to use them again. I could imagine that forcing a claim through could be a bit of a PITA.

5. MrKnifey

Mobster

I swapped mine the other day and im with Adrian Flux dude?

6. Memphis

Capodecina

Sorry to hi-jack but how are Admiral with imports and mods? :)

7. EddScott

Sgarrista

Bit nervous now - I started a 2nd policy with Adrian Flux on the Jeep but then decided to sell my Golf so have done a change of vehicle with the Golf insurers - RSA or More Than as they like to be called.

It was within the 14 days and they have confirmed this so hopefully they'll give me a full refund in due course. Bit concerned if they cut up rough though.

8. fornowagain

Sgarrista

They've done it to me and that was a couple years back. Maybe it depends on the underwriter?

9. Bluelion

Hitman

Last years Flux renewal was for the first time ever for me not the usual "joke" up-bumpage. I did the usual ringing round and was unable to beat the renewal quote, so fair play to them.

10. Alibaba99

Wise Guy

That is fairly usual with insurance companies. The only way to ensure that you only pay what you use if the policy is cancelled mid-year is to go with a monthly direct debit. When I had Endsleigh insurance that used to come with a document which listed the amount back if the policy was cancelled mid year.

As for the OP I would suspect that the underwriter for the original car refused to insure the new vehicle and therefore the policy had to be cancelled and a new one started.

11. smokedog

Mobster

I had to make a claim from Adrian Flux a few years ago and it was quite painless to be honest. But I was only sending my damaged car to the garage and not requesting a cash pay out.

12. M0T

Mobster

I think this is the issue - I am with flux and have been told that if I want to buy a BMW I have to cancel the policy and take another one out. I contacted the underwriters directly and they confirmed this.

My understanding is that they give you the cheapest quote from a panel of underwriters but won't tell you if the policy itself is particularly restrictive, after all most people are only interested in the price.