adsl-max capable?

Soldato
zappa00 said:
hmm.. altho none of the isp's seem to support it :(.. apart from bt where there are usage limits :/.. any ideas..??

many isps do adsl max eg. Nildram with 50G per month limit for £25

bulldog is not available in you area :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Wingz said:
bulldog is not available in you area :(
As far as I can see, if you're not in the Bulldog LLU area, they'll offer up to home2000. They obviously can't see any reason to do ADSL Max, as they offer faster speeds in their LLU exchanges.

Soldato
zappa00 said:
are there any that have no cap's? that do adsl max? i am willing to pay up to £40 pcm
If you got 8Mb and used it fully 24/7, then it would cost the ISP in excecss of £110/pm. And they expect to make a profit from you.

As a result, there are pretty much no ISPs with no limits. You have to either deal with capped, traffic shaped, or capped and traffic shaped.

Ace Internet claim to offer unlimited ADSL Max for £34.99, but I don't know how long it's likely to last. Eclipse offer Evolution Broadband, which is traffic shaped and only 'capped' between 6pm-12am.

Associate
OP
thanx for all your help guy's.. i have seen this..
@Ace
ADSLMAX 8000 Biz
Up to 8Mb download, 832Kbps upload.
Connection charge
FREE!
First months connection
£39.95
VAT @ 17.5%
£6.99
Total setup cost
£46.94
Monthly connection charge
£39.95
[email protected]%
£6.99
Total monthly cost
£46.94

maybe the biz will be better..

Soldato
By most accounts, Ace are quite good... and have been around for 8 years or so. I can't honestly believe that quadroupling the speeds to 8Mb coupled with a mass influx or new users coming specifically because the caps at other ISPs are too high really highlights a promising future.

Evolution-DSL tried the same at £24.99 and introduced traffic shaping within a week. Some people synced at 8Mb are barely getting 512k throughput most of the time.

Caporegime
Evolution then had 1% of the total Enta customers, but were using 20% of Enta's available Central capacity.

If you got 8Mb and used it fully 24/7, then it would cost the ISP in excess of £110/pm

Stick an extra 0 on the end and you're getting closer. Zen's estimate was £1500 a month, and based on most figures, that isn't too far from reality.
At last count, Ace were starting to go exactly the same way.

Back
Top Bottom