POB

POB

Soldato
Piggymon said:
Dude !!! I am the DIY Queen !!

Trust me ;)

And yes I did have to pay for all of these :/

Better than painting the wrong colour though and it looking poop

If those cost like £1 each then you could paint and entire room the wrong colour and still be ahead.

I think the DIY shops should refund some of the testers when you buy a full pot.

Soldato
OP
Rough esitmate £20 of testers there! I suppose you're right, but i wasn't even happy paying £5 =/. Maybe i can be a bit tight at times though :o.

Anyway for me the one on the left i think is the nicest, but it looks better in person i think. Then architect Mr Lin's choice is next. But when i go to B&Q tomorrow i may have second thoughts and go for the pale stone (because it was nice :)).

Be it on your head if it looks wrong though! ;)

POB said:
I think the DIY shops should refund some of the testers when you buy a full pot.
I thought they did this, i just got a stupid look at the till when i asked :D

Soldato
Piggymon said:
B&Q's own range - pale stone

I also painted all of PiggyPad with it

With the room being so small you NEED a light colour or else it will end up looking and feeling very dark...

What about a nice duck egg blue ?

Piggypad ???! Why not call it a sty. Piggies live in stys.

Soldato
i would leave the walls white. makes the room look bigger amd cleaner. thats what my room looked like last year until i filled my room with carp! :p

p.s. if you get bored of the white you can always paint a picture on it(thats if your good at drawing),umm thats a thought..might do that in the summer. :D

Soldato
OP
Raymond Lin said:
How much is a tin of quality paint anyway?
This B&Q paint is good quality, well one coat stuff and a nice egg shell sheen. I'm not exactly sure what i've got to compare it too, but i'm happy. It's ~£10 for the matt, and ~£13 for the silk. If my memory serves me correctly. Can't remember if that was for 2.5l,2l or 5l though =/ So thats probably no help at all :D

Soldato
OP
So I got the paint today, took a second look at the pale stone and decided it was pretty nice, i wasn't totally fussed on the five testers I bought :o.

But.... £19.90 for 4.5Litres of the ****ing stuff! B&Q's own brand is only a few quid cheaper than Dulux! !%?$&!? :mad:! Lucky i made some money out of returning my engineered flooring without a reciept. I was all ready to start painting today too, until i realised i was actually meant to be in work :o. So it's sitting there waiting, Sunday is the next time thats realistic, i might get it done before work this week though as i'm on lates. I just don't want to start and only get half done.

Back
Top Bottom