Advice for graphics card for G1.Sniper M3 motherboard.

Associate
Hi

I'm looking to upgrade my gpu to a gtx 1070, would this be a good choice? Would it work in my system?
I'm running i7 with 16gb of ram, 600w psu.

Thanks in advance.
Charlie

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi, welcome to the forum.

Motherboard may require BIOS update to work with new GPUs like the 1070, that's all.

How many amps/watts on the +12v rail of that PSU? You can't tell if a PSU can provide enough power just by the wattage in the name. Probably will but still some cheap models out there that could fall short on the +12v.

Associate
Hi

I'm looking to upgrade my gpu to a gtx 1070, would this be a good choice? Would it work in my system?
I'm running i7 with 16gb of ram, 600w psu.

Thanks in advance.
Charlie
If you've got a recognised branded PSU then it's likely it will be hunky dory. It's when people have budget no name power supplies that might be rated as 600W but can't deliver the power necessary for the graphics card. The PSU is what matters most.

You can put a GTX 1080Ti into a budget £50 motherboard if you really wanted to

Soldato
Thanks for the replies, i have a Corsair Builder Series CX 600W V2 '80 Plus Bronze'
so should be all good!

It is. It's also a good example of the name being deceiving, as the power that PSU can provide to CPU and GPU is 488W. For a 1080Ti for example, and a worst case CPU+GPU max load scenario, it may fail to deliver.

Back
Top Bottom