1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice needed (for a girl)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by geeza, 16 Jun 2006.

1. geeza

Banned

I got a text today from a girl im living with next year saying that she needs to speak to me about something serious. I rang her and she said the house she is living in now has some builders doing work on it for the landlord. Apparently the landlord and builders know each other so its not some building firm i dont think.

She is the only one remainding in her house still and she went down this morning and found one of them had taken her washing out the mechine and was wearing one of her bra's. Apparently when she saw them him do this he said something on the lines of 'so your the dirty whore' and probably had a laugh with his mates.

All her housemates have left early, presumably because of the pervert workmen. I said she could live with us for a few days because we now have a spare room.

What would she be able to do in terms of the police and/or groups that sort out this sort of stuff. Maybe getting something like a video on her phone may not be a good idea as if they see they would get slightly annoyed and may do something.

advice please

2. McDaniel

Capodecina

Im shocked!

Thats is truly awful behaviour.

3. a1ex2001

Capodecina

Seek help at the students Union Etc there full of people who will offer sensible advice and put you in touch with the right people, most Unions have a relationship with a local law firm for getting advice on things like that.

Definately dodgy, get her out of there asap!

4. sniffy

Sgarrista

Tell her to talk to the land lord.

If the building company is half respectable, the guvnor certainly wouldn't appreciate his work man portaying a negative company image. He might find the actual thing funny but he wouldn't like unhappy customers who won't let new customers survey the work the company carried out on the house.

This leads back to talking to the land lord though, as he will ultimately be able to put that pressure on the guvnor. If it's a large company, the above is unlikely.

No offence but to involve the police is such an incident is far too over the top, not to mention a waste of their time. She should of put her foot inbetween his legs.

Edit

Doh, just realised you said it likely isn't a building firm. Seems a little weird to me the landlord has allocated people who don't usually build to carry out a building project. Builders do that. I'm guessing it's a company with someone at the top.

5. iCraig

PermaBanned

Take photos of him in the said bra, and stick it on the internet.

6. PrettyInPink

Gangster

:eek: That's awful

Unfortunately i don't think the police can do much as he didn't touch her etc.
    She is in a bit of a predicament if the landlord knows these builders he probably won't take it seriously.

This would be the best way.

Good luck and hope all goes ok

7. Roalith

Wise Guy

Word.

8. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

[​IMG]

9. freebooter

Wise Guy

As has been said, tell her to get advice from the students union or citizens advice bureau. In my experience there are a lot of dodgy landlords and they often use unqualified cowboy builders. She may be able to ban the builders from entering the property but the problem with tenents enforcing their rights is that the landlord can always just give them notice. She really needs to talk to an advisor with knowledge of the law and experience.

10. Cueball

Wise Guy

Get her father to have 'words' with the builder in question.

11. fatty1

Gangster

Invasion of privacy ???

12. Cueball

Wise Guy

Indeed.

13. PrettyInPink

Gangster

14. Stelly

Don

Thats not right get onto the local council and they can presecute the landlord

Stelly

15. Neoni

Capodecina

Go round and kick his ******* head in, a group of you if you must.

16. McDaniel

Capodecina

How clever...

17. Neoni

Capodecina

its disgraceful behavior sick idiot needs a lesson, police dont do nothing and you cant prove it, take law into own hands tbh.

18. McDaniel

Capodecina

Your not batman, leave the vigilante stuff to the professionals ;)

Going round with a group of mates isnt the greatest idea, especially as sick as it was he only put on some of her clothes. If he had touched her in anyway then things might be different. Its not worth beating him up over though, plus builders travel in packs and are normally quite large blokes

19. geeza

Banned

which is why i asked about the video thing on the phone. Im sure she's got the landlord address but a brick through his window wouldnt solve much

20. Neoni

Capodecina

Mincers the lot of them :( its sick cos he knows he can get away with it! and plus think how the poor girl must feel, bet shes scared to live in her own place, thats why id get her out while there about.