Advice Needed for Fan Curve

Associate
So I have the Lian Li O11 Dynamic and have 6 intake fans - max rpm 1800 and 3 exhaust fans - max rpm 2000. The 6 intake fans are all connected to a controller so they can only be changed altogether, and the three exhaust fans are hooked up to a 360mm AIO. Could someone help me with the fan curves for there? I have no idea what to do! Help appreciated. (Also all fans are PWM if that helps and my motherboard is an MSI B550 Gaming Edge WiFi)

Associate
Hey Saul,

With fan curves I always go too aggressively quiet and end up with overheating issues. These days that tends to be less of an issue as the hardware will throttle to protect itself in most cases.

My advice would be to reduce the fans until they are quiet enough for your tastes and then test your system with something like Heaven + Prime 95. I run the tests for 10 mins monitored, then 1-2 hours stepping away from the PC, then overnight. At each stage I check the max temps with Hardware Monitor 64 to be sure I'm comfortable and don't need to up the fan speed.

Hope this helps?

Cheers,
Chris

Associate
OP
Hey Saul,

With fan curves I always go too aggressively quiet and end up with overheating issues. These days that tends to be less of an issue as the hardware will throttle to protect itself in most cases.

My advice would be to reduce the fans until they are quiet enough for your tastes and then test your system with something like Heaven + Prime 95. I run the tests for 10 mins monitored, then 1-2 hours stepping away from the PC, then overnight. At each stage I check the max temps with Hardware Monitor 64 to be sure I'm comfortable and don't need to up the fan speed.

Hope this helps?

Cheers,
Chris
Yeah it does thanks, after doing this my idle fan speeds seem to be around 400rpm and when gaming you can hear the fans but if you have a headset or some speakers on then the noise is gone. I usually don't see my GPU temps above 83C and don't see my cpu temps above 55C. I think thats pretty good for temps under load?

Back
Top Bottom