• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Advice needed for O/C

Associate
Hi All
I just received my 7900 GT CO made by evga(read about all the problems after) so i just installed a zalman vf900 so i decided to test the overclocking. I am using the XTreme-G 84.37.v2 drivers (i also installed coolbits over this which i am not sure i needed). Anyways, i tried to o/c with the current coolbits/nvidia display option but it was always hanging my computer to the point that i had to reboot each time. I then used ATI tool which i managed to o/c but then received the blue screen of death saying something like ........video adapter or video driver was the problem and was just looping causing windows to do a memory dump :( .
stock settings core 500 mem 1500(375 in ati tool)
o/c until i got core 575 mem 419(ati) thats what win xp said was the last setting.I lowered the core to 575 (surely i can go more but wanted to test the memory)
My case has good circulation (plenty of thermaltake fans (7) and a zalman vf900)
1) Can it be the drivers i am using?
2) Those who have a 7900gt co can go how high? core ? mem?
3) If i need to remove the drivers, how do i remove coolbits or do i have too?
4) what do u start with when o/c ing? increasing core or mem?
Sorry for the long post but wanted to leave nothing out.
Thanks for all the help
Wiz

Associate
That's quite a high clock for an unmodded 7900gt. I doubt it could function easily at that speed.

Anyway, if it's a driver issue, just change them. You don't have to uninstall coolbits, it'll deactivate itself when you change drivers.

Back
Top Bottom